Coral Vue Hydros

Minis Galore!

DeMartini

Looking more awesomeness everyday d! What did you use to make your spiral rock hold together like that. Make me wanna change my scape again. Lol

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NaClCrocodile

You promised pichers!

Oh, and we're going to have to trade. I think I'll have some Maxis you'll like (& I like all of yours lol)

I am going to have to check them out for some rock to scape my 20L...

you really did an amazing job though!

I hope my 20L comes out half as nice as this lol

Thank you! Neptunes doesn't have a whole lot of small rock for nanos and what they do have isn't very special, but it worked for me as I just wanted small pieces, so that I could make my own shape.

Looking more awesomeness everyday d! What did you use to make your spiral rock hold together like that. Make me wanna change my scape again. Lol

Thanks!! I used a reef putty and super glue. I knew exactly what kind of shape I wanted, so it was really quick and easy.

You promised pichers!

Oh, and we're going to have to trade. I think I'll have some Maxis you'll like (& I like all of yours lol)

I know!! I've been kind of busy... I was going to snap some tonight, but Jersey Shore came on and I got distracted lol -_-

I'm always up for trading.... it's waaaay better than buying. The maxis I just got are HUGE!!! some are about 6 inches across! I have a lot of cutting to do!

SOOO ANOTHER maxi mini decided to climb under the rock and into a cave and it was a really nice rainbow, so I decided it was time to dig them out. I got 2 of them out and I also got the purple one that's on the very bottom. I couldn't get to one of the rainbow maxis, but I cut some of the rock and made the hole in the back bigger, so that it could find its way out.

The purple maxi is already wedging itself under another rock :angry: I flipped one of the little rocks over, so that you could see one of the blue anemones that was hiding. I also added some zoas. I need to take pictures!!!

thanks! everyone on reef central is afraid of them lol

Forget them, the Giants are bad-ass.

EDIT: Hence my screen name

littlelacho

Incredible! And I love your nems but they scare me :scarry: ! I am too new to the reef side of the hobby to give them a try but they are just beautiful. Your tank has me super envious lol! My set up is only a couple months old and I already want a new/different set up...my wallet does not agree lol!

Anyway...oh and I got tied up with Jersey Shore last night too....my guilty pleasure :P

Hey guys vote for me!!!!! Mine's the picasso Picture! :)

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/08/06/io-led-...oto/#more-22138

Incredible! And I love your nems but they scare me :scarry: ! I am too new to the reef side of the hobby to give them a try but they are just beautiful. Your tank has me super envious lol! My set up is only a couple months old and I already want a new/different set up...my wallet does not agree lol!

Anyway...oh and I got tied up with Jersey Shore last night too....my guilty pleasure :P

Thank you!! Try mini mini anemones. They are super pretty and really easy to care for.

IMG_5129.jpg

I actually hated Jersey Shore at first, but it grew on me and now I love it lol Poor Snookie is a walking disaster. I love it!

littlelacho

I will do some reading up on them. They look just like the maxi mini to my uneducated eye...just smaller? I see your awesome little sexies are not bothered by them?

Ugh...they are all disasters! But it is just fascinating to watch these people live a life that is so far removed from anything I am used to and the shallow personalities are just ridiculous! I say it is like a train wreck...you shouldn't watch, but you just can't help yourself lol?

You got my vote.

Thank you, Henry =)

I will do some reading up on them. They look just like the maxi mini to my uneducated eye...just smaller? I see your awesome little sexies are not bothered by them?

Ugh...they are all disasters! But it is just fascinating to watch these people live a life that is so far removed from anything I am used to and the shallow personalities are just ridiculous! I say it is like a train wreck...you shouldn't watch, but you just can't help yourself lol?

They are much smaller. Sexy shrimp are a type of anemone shrimp, so they love hanging out on the maxis. If you have small fish and you're worried about them getting eaten, then I wouldn't add any mini anemone. Larger fish seem to be able to get away with just a little shock from the sting.

JWow scares me lol I love how the guys call up for like a taxi or take out and give their nicknames (they assume everyone knows them!) and everyone's like what the hell are you saying lol

littlelacho

Oh...didn't realize sexy shrimp were anemone shrimp. I had a fish only tank years ago...still new to the inverts and coral and such. I will do some research...thank you for the info. Your tanks definitely are something to aspire to!

Yeah, she is a toughie. That is not even the problem though, the problem with her is she is a loose cannon. I know! When Mike ordered food and said it was for "Situation", and even spelled it, lol, the guy was like, "whatever" and laughed. I was cracking up..I have never seen people so high on themselves! And Angelina is going to have to leave again because she is just digging a bigger and bigger grave and now alienating the only two people who spoke to her...it is just DRAMA and I love it lol!

Oh...didn't realize sexy shrimp were anemone shrimp. I had a fish only tank years ago...still new to the inverts and coral and such. I will do some research...thank you for the info. Your tanks definitely are something to aspire to!

Yeah, she is a toughie. That is not even the problem though, the problem with her is she is a loose cannon. I know! When Mike ordered food and said it was for "Situation", and even spelled it, lol, the guy was like, "whatever" and laughed. I was cracking up..I have never seen people so high on themselves! And Angelina is going to have to leave again because she is just digging a bigger and bigger grave and now alienating the only two people who spoke to her...it is just DRAMA and I love it lol!

No Problem =)

lol yep! The guys are so funny. Angelina is pretty lame... she doesn't fit in at all! I read that she leaves before the season end anyways.

Here are a few pictures of most of the new anemones! they are sitting in my 50 gallon at the moment.

IMG_6164.jpg

IMG_6163.jpg

IMG_6162.jpg

IMG_6161.jpg

what the heck are those anemones? they're awesome!

Thank you! Stichodactyla Tapetum AKA Maxi mini anemones

Love the new nems!

Thanks, star!

I didn't have a lot of spots to place zoas, so I moved some of the rocks around and added a couple. Most of the zoas aren't open in the pictures.

IMG_6168.jpg

IMG_6170.jpg

Archived