Innovative Marine Aquariums

Minis Galore!

DeMartini

so what are you gonna put in there??

The tank's about 9 gallons. I want to buy more corals, but I shouldn't lol I'm just gonna put all my maxi minis, mini minis, sunny Ds, purple deaths, nucs, Devil's Armor, Rainbows, a piece of my tyree toadstool, MAYBE my baby RBTA and a few SPS pieces.

I may buy a yellow torch and some cheaper zoas, like tubbs blue.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol i guess i should have read through this better, i must have over looked that... sounds good though i cant wait to see this tank come together.

hey didn't you have a pretty big ADA tank?

lol i guess i should have read through this better, i must have over looked that... sounds good though i cant wait to see this tank come together.

I think she had the 18g if I'm not mistaken lol. Are you talking about the ones with the Picasso's?

I had an 18 gallon, which I've linked in my signature. I currently have a 50 gallon ADA. I'm getting rid of it, though. This will be my only tank. B)

it must been the 50 gallon i remember seeing a thread about. anyway why are you letting it go?

It's too big. I like little tanks much better!

nano_keeper30

Lauren, you know you may be average for California, but to the rest of the country your a pretty hot chick lol....

Nice lttle tank...Make a LE zoa garden out of it !!!! That way it wont cost you as much with the small tank ;)

Lauren, you know you may be average for California, but to the rest of the country your a pretty hot chick lol....

LMFAO that has to be the most backwards way to give someone a compliment! but it is awesome.

Nice lttle tank...Make a LE zoa garden out of it !!!! That way it wont cost you as much with the small tank ;)

lol

I heard some people were having problems with zoas shriveling away under LEDs, so I'm kind of scared to add any. I used to have a beautiful collection and I lost nearly all of them a while back... I would hate to buy more and then have the same thing happen again. :scarry:

Nice tank, Hows your Biocube 14 doing? Are you running the same Sunpod?

That tank is long gone! I replaced it a couple years back with my 18 gallon... I really miss it, though! everything had grown in so beautifully!

Nice Tank.

Thank you! :happy:

Hey Ratt girl, what happened to your old tank?

Which tank? I've started so many... :o

I googled Ratt... I had never heard of them before, but Warren and I have the same last name lol

:o I can't believe the BC14 is gone; anyhow, it was an impressive tank. This one looks quite impressive too. Is the PAR a strong lighting system? I was contemplating in purchasing that light for my BC14 but a bit skeptical. Thanks'
I heard some people were having problems with zoas shriveling away under LEDs, so I'm kind of scared to add any. I used to have a beautiful collection and I lost nearly all of them a while back... I would hate to buy more and then have the same thing happen again. :scarry:

This is the first I've heard of zoas shrinking under LED. A few weeks ago I swapped my T5 fixture for a Maxpect 60W. After 2 weeks some of my zoas started shrivel up and not opening but others of the same type in different areas looked the same as under T5. I removed the LED last week and noticed those shriveled zoas coming back a bit last night. This is odd I didnt put the 2 together until just now.

lol

dont be scare of zoas and palys under leds. ive got 3 of evils par38's above my 29 with some of the zoas about 8 inches from the lights and doing fine. i guess it all depends on the zoa.

:o I can't believe the BC14 is gone; anyhow, it was an impressive tank. This one looks quite impressive too. Is the PAR a strong lighting system? I was contemplating in purchasing that light for my BC14 but a bit skeptical. Thanks'

It works good on my tank, however with the biocube you might get a spotlight effect... That's kinda cool, though.

A lot of people have good growth with the light, so I suppose it works pretty good.

This is the first I've heard of zoas shrinking under LED. A few weeks ago I swapped my T5 fixture for a Maxpect 60W. After 2 weeks some of my zoas started shrivel up and not opening but others of the same type in different areas looked the same as under T5. I removed the LED last week and noticed those shriveled zoas coming back a bit last night. This is odd I didnt put the 2 together until just now.

WEIRD! I hope that doesn't happen to me... Did you switch back over to T5?

dont be scare of zoas and palys under leds. ive got 3 of evils par38's above my 29 with some of the zoas about 8 inches from the lights and doing fine. i guess it all depends on the zoa.

I think it does. Most of my zoas were red colored and they all melted away. I don't have anymore red zoas, so hopefully what I have left does well under my light.

Looking very good.

Thank you!

Archived