ReefCleaners.org

Minis Galore!

DeMartini

Awww thanks Paul. Yours are just as nice and HUGE! You're going to have to start taking out corals to add more maxis.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awww thanks Paul. Yours are just as nice and HUGE! You're going to have to start taking out corals to add more maxis.

I am hoping to redo my 40 gallon here soon. or maybe make another nano like yours just for maxis. We shall see how money looks once the slow summer is over.

I got clove polyps!!!! Not the blue ones that grow like weeds... and Mary Janes. I'm starting to run out of room! :ninja: Time to upgrade! lol just kidding!! This is my last tank. Well, this and my sea horse macro algae tank :lol: (still planning it).

I'm going to add more maxis, so pictures tonight... maybe!

Glad I found this tank thread. I am a sucker for nanos and great corals, and this has both. What is the neon green one on the left side of the tank?

Thanks guys!! :happy: I'll take pictures this morning.

Glad I found this tank thread. I am a sucker for nanos and great corals, and this has both. What is the neon green one on the left side of the tank?

Thank you! The left side is all maxi mini carpet anemones. The neon one sticks out too much... My eyes go straight to it when I look on that side lol

I got clove polyps!!!! Not the blue ones that grow like weeds... and Mary Janes. I'm starting to run out of room! :ninja: Time to upgrade! lol just kidding!! This is my last tank. Well, this and my sea horse macro algae tank :lol: (still planning it).

I'm going to add more maxis, so pictures tonight... maybe!

what're you thinking for the seahorse tank? i've always wanted some[too bad i have a major thing for LPS -_- ]

Awesome tank, I love the mini nems! Just wondering, what optics are you using in the par 38 bulb? and how far away is the bulb from the top of the water?

what're you thinking for the seahorse tank? i've always wanted some[too bad i have a major thing for LPS -_- ]

I have a 10 gallon cube just lying around, so I want to add some macro algae, gorgonians and dwarf seahorses. I don't much about them, so I'm still researching on how I should set it up. I have a PAR30 picked out for the light and that's about it lol

Awesome tank, I love the mini nems! Just wondering, what optics are you using in the par 38 bulb? and how far away is the bulb from the top of the water?

Thanks!

60 degree optics and the light is about 8" from the water

Some pictures!! Nothing special. I love the neon green cloves!

IMG_6262.jpg

Green center w/orange tips

IMG_6263.jpg

IMG_6264.jpg

Mary Janes

IMG_6265.jpg

My crocea/maxima hybrid clam... not fully open =(

IMG_6267.jpg

Thank you =)

I had cloves years ago and I'm happy to have them again!

I miss all the old soft corals I used to keep in my biocube.

I have a 10 gallon cube just lying around, so I want to add some macro algae, gorgonians and dwarf seahorses. I don't much about them, so I'm still researching on how I should set it up. I have a PAR30 picked out for the light and that's about it lol

cool :happy: . have you found seahorse.org?

Dwarf seahorses can be a real pain to keep bc of their size. The problem is that the hydroids that are very, very common on LR, algae etc. pack enough of a sting to kill them. So the general consensus is a boring plastic planted "sterile" tank (no Lr or any other living item that could bring in potential threats) is needed for for long term success. They are tempting bc of thier size but I think you would have better luck with some regular seahorses.

Oh, and thumbs down for seahorse.org. Good information but too many jerks there that immediately label you as a seahorse murderer just for asking a question.

Where do you get all your anemones? You probably already said but I was too busy looking at the pictures :wub:

So sexy shrimp will host maxis?

Archived