Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jeffro's 50 g build.

19jeffro83

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
It's still hereand I'll send a few other things when your ready too. Just pay the shipping. Hasn't grown much as they grow painfully slow. But it looks good I'll send you a pic.

Awesome, sounds great!

The wait may be a little longer because I decided to use a majority of dry rock for financial reasons but it'll be worth it.

Awesome, sounds great!

The wait may be a little longer because I decided to use a majority of dry rock for financial reasons but it'll be worth it.

IMO if you start adding slowly after your cycle it will help to colonize the dry rock with bacteria a little faster. I've read it takes any where from 2-8 weeks to be fully seeded. But who knows.

Yea, go with dry rock, pest free :P ..my tank use dead rock..i use MB7 from the beginning, and only takes 3 weeks for me to get coraline algae in my rock :happy:

5 ml in the beginning, and 10 drop every day after that..

@Jeff

Great picture you have there.... more pic please ;)

Thanks med. I got that mandarin almost a year ago skinny and sick. looking like Linsey Lohan on a coke binge. since then I've fattened her up on frozen mysis, brine and a #### load of pods that I cultured till I got my 50 all set up. Now she like Missy Eliot when she wore garbage bags.

animalmaster6
IMO if you start adding slowly after your cycle it will help to colonize the dry rock with bacteria a little faster. I've read it takes any where from 2-8 weeks to be fully seeded. But who knows.

I'm gonna need like 20% live rock though. I'm going to get some SUPER established pieces though. Also going to order spaghetti worms.

Thanks med. I got that mandarin almost a year ago skinny and sick. looking like Linsey Lohan on a coke binge. since then I've fattened her up on frozen mysis, brine and a #### load of pods that I cultured till I got my 50 all set up. Now she like Missy Eliot when she wore garbage bags.

LMAO nice!

No I couldn't get him. I tore both his claws off trying to get him. They grew back a week later. I love those shrimp. Although I'm still debating getting rid of them or not.

Btw. Anyone ever hear of a monkey shrimp? My lfs is getting some and I never heard of them.

Do you think the boxer could hold its own against my tiger?

I'm considering going back to the the fish store to get that yellow CBS...but I think I'd need to let it grow out a little. Can I do this in an in-tank breeder box?

animalmaster6
Do you think the boxer could hold its own against my tiger?

Yes absolutely. If you end up deciding to get the Harlys then the boxer is not a good choice.

Squared come get my CBS out my tank without damaging my shiz and it's yours.

I don't think the boxer would mess whith the harliquins either. Mine is larger and won't look twice at them. And your pistol can prob hang.

Yes absolutely. If you end up deciding to get the Harlys then the boxer is not a good choice.

I think harlequins get way bigger than yellow boxers. My pair were bigger than my pistol.

Quick update. I started to dose brightwell 2 part. I'm hoping it help with my kh more than anything. I just started to check it and I've been runing at about 6-7 a little low for my sps. Hoping it's the reason why my polyp extention is down and my growth in some sps has been minimum. Anyone with experience chime in on what the dose to maintain levels and how big their tank is.

On another hand I think I lost my rainfords. I can't find him and it not like him to not be out and about sifting. He looked great and I don't think he was by any means starving. I'm a little worried he fell to a predator. Not sure yet but if he doesn't show up by tomorrow night he'll be declared MIA and a service will be performed for him.

Thats a bummer dude.

I have been looking into the dosing trend, i almost bought some B-ionic sunday, but figured I had better research more. Ill follow here and hopefully learn from your success.

• 2 weeks later...

So tonight I'm selling my tail spot blennie to a local nano reefer. I'm looking forward to a little chang of scenery. I had little difficulty getting him out. I snuck up on him in his sleep. I know I'm a jerk. So know with the loss of my rainfords and the departure of my blennie I'm faced with a new decision on who's gonna come join the fun? I want a colorful, active, smaller fish to fit the scale of my tank. Any suggestions?

Also so far the dosing seems do be doing well. I'm dosing b-ionic. Part a @10 MIPS a day part b @ 12.5-15 mils. Some of the drabber sps frags I have are already starting to gain a little color and besides that not to much of a change but I'll keep you all posted. Again anyone who's used this product chime in at any time I'm open for suggestions.

your poor blenny! I caught my tailspot twice and he escaped my holding tank twice. I can't get him out again -__- he's too smart now.

I think you inspired me. The next to go may be the red spots. That should be fun. I'm going to construct a pull net to try and catch them. I want to change a couple little things in my tank.

Archived