Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jeffro's 50 g build.

19jeffro83

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad to hear you avoided the crash but sorry about all the troubles. :(

Thanks AM. Thank god for battery air pumps. Things are coming back together nicely. The sps I have now are doing good, so soon enough I'll be adding more.

So I've decided to add another tank into this system. It will be a macro tank for my mantis shrimp plumbed into one of my overflows and from ther to my sump. this will be an easy thing for me to do being I'm already drilled w 2 overflows on my 50. I'm thinking either 20l or a 29 gallon tank. all gravity fed so my stand will sit lower than the 50 and higher than its sump. I feel the added water volume and mor room for macros will be beneficial to my reef as well. I'll be posting pics while in process of my new addition while I'm building it. I think this will make the mantis a little more happy than me putting him in my biocube.

Big score las night. My buddy hooked it uP big time. He gave me 4 polyps of Rastas! 3 captain America's and 4 utter chaos zoos! Pics will be up in a bit.

Anyone who's keeping these zoas, where in you tank are you keeping them? What kind of light and how much flow? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

My nem which I swore was a gonner has reappeared in my tank after months and months of being missing. He's in bad shape to say the least but alive indeed. Not sure what I should do as far as leaving him be or removing him from tr tank. Let me know if you guys think there's any hope for him.

e181e4b7.jpg

He has no tentacles and no color at all. He's the white blob by the zoos.

Grendel is doing good. Been feeding ss w selcon and his new home is still in the works.

The rbta is hanging in there. Actually starting to look a little better.

And my urchin is still rocking his new camo. All sps in my tank are good so far so more to come.

That biocube is no more. I ended up putting the trimma in my 50. He's been there for about 3-4 months and almost seems to own the tank. I'll try and dig up a pic later tonight. I got my little guy this weekend and he's to excited to sleep tonight.

A few shod from my iPhone4 nothing special.

e48e8167.jpg

One of my cucumbers

c9aab80c.jpg

Stinky

a9e85b02.jpg

Blue hornets,Some of thes for sale soon.

b41c3425.jpg

Steve bushemi my possum wrasse.

5d378fb4.jpg

Ric rock that'll be up soon too.

ff8bd9ca.jpg

873dfd0d.jpg

And for Kat my trimma.

It it's for sure Napoleon. My ghost gorg shrimp are fine. Unfortunately I did lose all 4 of my sexy shrimp. I never thought Steve would bother them but I really think he ate them all. They were fine for a while but then perished. I lost beeker the blue lined pipe before the destruction of my biocube to an over flow accident ) : and henrey the monkey shrimp died a quick death, when I could not pull him and I added grendel, I thought it a good first meal after he slaughtered Ronnie the murderous golden coral banded shrimp I kept in the fuge for quite some time.

Steve is my tanaka possum wrasse. He's my fav fish I think. He'll actualy let me touch him if I want and they're suposably an extreamly cryptic fish lol, not mine. I'll post a better pic I just have to find one.

Archived