SaltCritters.com

Jeffro's 50 g build.

19jeffro83

lol. We refuse to be stuck in a rut! the cardinals were surprisingly easy to catch. They didn't want anything to do with the rock work, so it was just a matter of herding them against the glass one at a time.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've made a somewhat big desistion. I'll be remove all my inverts in the next few week as well as about ten pounds of live rock from my fuge and moving them to my biocube. I need to get rid of these redbugs if I'm going to successfully keep acros growing in my tank. I'm really starting to enjoy the challenge and am willing to take the risk. Has anyone here dosed interseptor? I think it's coming down to this. Or doing an isolated treatment and buying a new light to keep them quarantined from my 50 display for about two months. Any thoughs are welcome. Experience in this even more welcome.

animalmaster6

Do not do it Jeff!!

Flatworm treatments kill off entire populations of microfauna. Any snail stragglers or micro brittle stars will be dead. From all the things I've seen that stuff is bad. Not sure if it's that product or Flatworm Exit, but I know one (or both) is bad.

I'm not looking to dose Flatworm exit but to do interceptor alone. I'm thinking if I take a few rocks out and keep them living and healthy I could build up my microfauna with them when the treatment is over. I have a lot invested in acros and I want to invest more. The only way to make them thrive is to rid myself of their parasite. my other option is to treat them by themselves purchase a new light and keep them out of my main tank for two months.

Bummer about the flatworms.

a while back i dosed levasole in my bc29. It pissed off all the corals but did not kill any snails or crabs. I think I did a total of 3 treatments.

good luck

gg

I've been Loking into adding a pair of carpenters flashers. I think I'm good to go. Does anyone think that they might be a little aggressive and drive some of my more docile fish into hiding?

Picking up my pair of carpenters flashers Monday! Can't wait. I got the pair for $5 with some zoas my lfs sold for me.

There supposed to be blue hornets but who knows. I like em too. Last time I had ones similar they melted on me. Let see if I have better luck this time.

Picked up a second female McCoskers today. All I can say is wow! I never saw a male flash before. Incredible! I'll do my best on pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks peewee. I'm slacking on the pictures. I'll try and get some today. I'm home all day because of the weather.

Almost forgot. I stopped by my friends last night and he gave me some sweet milli frags and one really awesome tri colored acro. Check this guys tank out.

d4a3374e.jpg

12d21a4f.jpg

b7de18b1.jpg

6295bf36.jpg

2fc92a94.jpg

e97700fb.jpg

He's got the sickest led set up I've ever seen. It's a five year old tank all sps with the exception of a few softies.

Archived