Coral Vue Hydros

Jeffro's 50 g build.

19jeffro83

I got em on a piece of acrylic just under the sand thats like 3x5 sheet. I figured he can connect his foot there instead of the bottom of my tank.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just woke up and found my CBS eating my new pistol. I'm pissed and he's gotta go. I'll have to catch it later today and hope my lfs has another pistol for me.

Picked up a new little rainfordi pistol. Tore the claws off my CBS trying to get him out. Next time I grab the tail. So good luck to me I'll try and pair the same way it worked last time. This time I'll try and record it. All I'll be doing it on is my iPhone.

Also picked up an awesome crocea that my lfs just got in. I'll be trading the old one back for credit I owe on the new one. Pics to come.

hmmm...how long have you had them, and how big were they when you bought them?

also, do you see your bumblebee shrimp at all in your tank?

Bumble bee is still around. I've had my harlequin shrimp for like 10 months or so. What r u asking about the coral banded?

i didn't ask anything about the coral banded...i think.

Nice clams. Do clams make good filters, like a fan worm is?

If decide to replace your CBS, get the blue one, they are very small, and one site said they are more cleaners.

I think the clams do filter a bit but not a significant amount. I think after I get this coral banded out I'll just throw him in the five and let him live his days out there.

Yes I do. I'm back and fourth on keeping him. He's a peaceful tank mate for all fish and almost all of my inverts but I'd really like to get some sexies in my tank and I'm pretty sure he'll eat em up like nothing.

I wanted a lubbocks wrasse, but I figured if your possum ate a pistol, what would keep a lubbocks from eating a small harlequin? So I reconsidered.

The pistol was really small like 3/4" small. Also like I said in a previous post. I really don't think that fish mess with the harlequins. I think they taste really bad and fish don't have an appetite for them.

Nice idea with the mangroves, I may be useing that one, I used about 6" of sand (a mix of new and old from my 29) in my fuge section. I'll let you know in a year or so if it was a good idea.

Thanks guys. I have kinda a high flow fuge so that's why I chose not to use substrate. I don't want it blowing all over th place. I Mae the mangrove rack last night and plan on adding ten to fifteen more of them to maximize any good they do. I've been reading on them and they recommend 1 per gallon. There is no way I'm putting 50- 60 in there.

Does the miracle mud kick up with curent easy and is there any benefit of having it besides replacing elements?

Archived