Coral Vue Hydros

Jeffro's 50 g build.

19jeffro83

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

89b5424b.jpg

He's cool but my female is a little nicer looking. He looks young yet kinda a round face. Not pointy like most mandarins. I'm also not 100% on the fact that it's a male. Maybe to young to tell.

Him and my female are already interacting with each other. Hope they pair.

That's the idea! The lady at ORA said that he mite even teach her to eat pellets. I've not yet fed him but I'm pretty sure I can at least get to eat some frozen once he settles in.

Picked him up for just 40$ too!

I know how cool is that! Not even a half hour and they're hangin out already. They're just sitting together under a ledge now relaxing together.

Things aren't good ): my older mandarin is attacking the new one. I separated them and put the new one in a separator. His dorsal fins are nipped up a bit. I think he'll be ok but I don't know what I'm gonna do. This stinks.

Here's the little guy today. He's a little roughed up. I think he'll make it though.

49a68fc7.jpg

I set up a 5 gal holding tank for him. Basic heater and in tank filter for flow as well as a little filtration.

e5e35692.jpg

I think I mite remove the older mandarin for a week or so. Then reintroduce in hopes it's not as territorial.

I don't have any ) ; I would tho. And all my rock has coral on it. The spill over from my tank isn't enough to keep It alive. Not sure what I'm going to do. I mite have to revive the biocube for him and a pipefish?

animalmaster6

Pipefish sounds good.

Go buy some Chaeto from your local fish store. That is key to their survival in a tank with no sand bed and no live rock.

animalmaster6

Good. Once you get the Chaeto try to get as many pods from yourtank as possible into the holding tank. That's what mandarins do all day, hunt for pods.

Yeah I know. The tank he's in was my pod culture for my first mandarin while I trained it to eat frozen. This ORA mandarin is like a zombie. Doesn't act like the wild caught one at all. It just sits there and does nothing. I know it's def a Little stressed from moving and the attacks on it. But I think it's inbred or something. The behavior between the two is so different. My wild caught almost instantly started to eat pods and check out it's new home. The only time the ORA specimen moved at all was when it was attacked.

Archived