inTank Media Baskets

Jeffro's 50 g build.

19jeffro83

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think he looks skinny? Maybe just a tiny bit. He's always grazing in my tank. He picks at the macros but mostly he sifts the substrate. he's is an awesome little fish. Keeping my fingers crossed. Ive tried feeding him frozen cyclops and brine with no luck. So he's dependent on my tanks micro organisms.

animalmaster6
Do you think he looks skinny? Maybe just a tiny bit. He's always grazing in my tank. He picks at the macros but mostly he sifts the substrate. he's is an awesome little fish. Keeping my fingers crossed. Ive tried feeding him frozen cyclops and brine with no luck. So he's dependent on my tanks micro organisms.

I don't think he looks skinny, but it's good to be on the safe side, just in case something happens. Try bloodworms, that's one of their favorite foods.

animalmaster6
Aren't bloodworms freshwater food? Does it matter? I thought is was better to feed SW fish SW food...

I don't know any bloodworm brands for saltwater but I do know bloodworms are supposed to be good for them.

I've read of people feeding bloodworms to mandarins as well. I can get them live at a store about a half hour away. I'll give em a shot.

What are the negatives to feeding freshwater foods to saltwater fish?

I did a quick search and apparently. Fresh water fish don't have the same amino acids as marine. Also most marine fish can't break down some of the fats in FW species which can cause liver failure. Interesting. This one forum also said that mysis shrimp are a fresh water species. Not so sure about that.

animalmaster6
I did a quick search and apparently. Fresh water fish don't have the same amino acids as marine. Also most marine fish can't break down some of the fats in FW species which can cause liver failure. Interesting. This one forum also said that mysis shrimp are a fresh water species. Not so sure about that.

PE mysis comes from some lake in Canada I believe.

So I'm almost positive that my rainfords is helping with my redbug problem. I've whitnessed him numerous times looking though my two acro frags picking at them once in a while and the numbers of them have seemed to decrease since I introduced the little fellow. Any one else seen or heard anything like this. Or has anyone heard of them eating acro's?

How big are yours mine got huge in the past year? How often do you feed and what? Mine get like two or three chocos a month. I'm still waiting to see a cluch but not yet.

Your look like a good size from your pic in your sig.

I think mine eat around as much as yours. They are both are pushing 2". I've seen the female release the baby shrimp (which filled my clown and cardinal's belly quite nicely). It's pretty cool. I feed mine chocolate chips as well.

No my wrasse ate the last one I found. I got him a candy stripe and haven't found one since. I'll get one asap when I see one that is.

Archived