Jeffro's 50 g build.

19jeffro83

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a66658f2.jpg

Maybe money problems?

6b70a97d.jpg

My slight skimmer mod for the lack of air intake valve. Its been working great. My skim is like fudge complimented by a great coffee.

Great idea! I am going to give it a shot... right now!

animalmaster6

Sorry to hear :( That is why Red Spots are considered hard to care for, they do not accilmate well for the first couple of weeks.

Your Tailspot is looking great!

Yeah I guess that's why. I think they're def horrible shippers. All the rest look great including my first two. I'll try once more and pick up another two. If it doesn't work out next time I'll stop replacing for sure. Its not a lack of food for sure I've been feeding and all look well fed. Even when I get home from work and they haven't eatin in a while. So who knows?

Thanks my tail spot is a good size and seems very healthy so far. One bi bonus is that he likes to pick at the little patches of cyano! Came home today late and he had a fat stomach so I knows he's eating significant amouts.

Cool I was wantin a twinspot. What do you think of my footprint? Is it enough sand for a sifter? It between 1 1/2 and 3 inches.

Do you know how effective the twinspot is? Also any clue exactly what it prefers to eat, as far as natural occurring aquarium algeas?

animalmaster6
twinspots and hectors are small sand sifters

no.

They both need huge populations of pods to survive.

Jeffro, unless your refugium and tank has a giant population of pods don't do it.

I do have a large population of pods. But then again I'd like it to stay that way. I was under the assumption that they ate the algea in the sandbed mostly. Guess I was mistaken. Haven't done to much research yet. Wasn't planing on adding any fish at least for a few weeks.

Not sure they can actualy take down a starfish like my harlies can. I see them more often picking at snails time to time. I think they eat the slime off snails similar to an emperor shrimp. I had three at one poin but lost two when my tank hit 90 over the summer when my AC broke. Plan on picking some more up when I see em at my lfs.

Archived