Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jeffro's 50 g build.

19jeffro83

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been awhile jeffro, hows things? Love the conch. Ive been thinking of adding a second.

19jeffro83

Tanks doing good even with my biweekly water changes. Water crystal clear no algae all par inline. Still dossing A/B with good results as well as mag once a week. I've given up the battle with red bugs. I'm planning on removing what little left I have as far as smooth skinned acros that might have the slightest inclination of red bugs. Wait it out and try and start over w the acros after i move in four months.

19jeffro83

Thanks. ZF there's a lot more in my thread. A good amount taken with my X's dslr. This one was with my iPhone. ( :

This a curent Fts nothing special at all. I'm a little dusty as I moved a rock or two earlier.

8893ebca.jpg

19jeffro83

Bad news today. Late last night I found my spotted mandarin getting picked at by my cleaner and a hermit. I had her for about 14 months trained her on frozen and she looked great up until about a week or so ago. She wasn't eating properly and was getting skinny fast. I hope it was just old age and that it wasn't something I did wrong. I'm goin to wait a month or so and maybe replace her w a male blue mandarin or a red if I can find one. I might give ORA another shot but who knows for now.

R.I.P Flutter ####er you will be missed.

19jeffro83

Thanks guys. It happens. I hope it's death was due to old age and not my care. It was a very healthy looking mandarin the whole time i had it up to about a week ago and I hate to think I might have starved it.

Sorry to hear about the mandarin. Thanks for the answer over on the Harlie thread. Sounds like you have no problem supporting Chocos in a fuge huh?

19jeffro83

Not to much a problem at all. They seem fine. I'll leave one I have for a couple months and let you know how he does as far as surviving.

• 4 weeks later...

Things have been good my sps is finally starting to do better. Lots of growth in my zoas. Lost a couple fish within the past couple months but nothing major. All my favorite are still hanging out.

I lost both female mckoskers, and my target mandarin after almost a year and a half.

Thanks kazooie. I'm in need of some updated photos. It's been a while.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Been quite some time since I posted on my breeder, so here it is. I'll apologize in advance for the iPhone pics and the delay inbetween posts.

So my last post was about the loss of my mandarin goby of almost 11/2 years. One of my favorite fish I've owned so far. Verry friendly and trained on frozen since about two weeks in. Since that post quite a bit has happened.

First was the huricain that took power from my home for 31/2 days. That is when things got a little rough. I was able to keep my tank from. Completely crashing by using bait keepers from Wally world and hand stirring every hour. At day 21/2 I got my hands on a generator, which was a huge help in my effort. I ran for 16 hours a day and also used the battery air pumps and a power inverter to run my power heads at night. Thank god those were mild day as well or heat wouldve been an whole other issue. The outcome of the disaster was the loss of allbut one sps in my tank. I was certain I lost my Dracula goby but he turned up about 11/2 weeks later. So balanced my tank back to normal and let thing rest and recover for some time.

While in waiting to add to my tank I started to get a small gha problem from laziness and thinking my lightly stocked system could handle it. Well apparently I was wrong and I had to do the usual heavy hit water changes which my tank has really been appreciating. For those who think just dosing and running a skimmer w a once a month wc you may want to rethink your opinion on this. I tried it in a established lightly stocked tank and did not have good results after just 3 months. It's verry sparse no but still exsists.

One thing that really helped me was the addition of my helfrichi pair. My GF bout them home Xmas eve and forced me into the immediate removal of a royal gramma I had got for her. So to get this guy out I had to rip the whole tank to pieces rock in buckets and all. I did a hydrogen peroxide treatment directly to the rock out of the water and it did wonders.

I'm still waiting to start placing more sps in my tank but it will be soon. My zoos are growing like a wildfire and all my over corals are doing well. Final got rid of the coral banded shrimp during my dilemma w the fire fish as well and my anemone in a trade.

My curent stocking consist of the inhabitents.

Fish:

Tanaka possum wrasse

Dracula goby and candy pistol

Trima goby

Rainfords goby

Helfrichi firefish pair

Inverts

Tuxedo urchin

Skunk cleaner

Pom Pom pair

2 ghost pipe gorgonian shrimp

Harlequin shrimp pair

Conch

Various clean up crew snails and hermits

Coral

Lots of zoos (to many to name atm)

Rics

Trumpets

Frogspawn

A few acans

A couple montis

And 2 brownish acros

Symbodium

Gsp

And I'm sure I'm forgetting something

in my fuge

Peacock mantis

Mangroves

Chaeto

Live rock

Anything else introduced is destroy.

Sad to say today was also the death of my worm eel I awoke to my hemits and cleaner shrimp eating his body.

RIP spaghetti long stocking

this is Grendel

4b254945.jpg

And the late worm eel

f6ea2693.jpg

Archived