SaltCritters.com

The_gats 40B, 2 years of reefing

the_gats

Not a whole lot going on right now. Been to lazy to go to the parents to work on the stand. Hopefully I will get the energy to get it done in the next week or so.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright first I'll do new FTS reg lighting and just actinic.

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

Got a good amount of work down on the stand.

Close up shot of the joints.

IMG_0689.jpg

Top shot shows the structure of the shelves.

IMG_0691.jpg

Last two pics show tank almost completed. I just need to do the trimming on the edges and stain it.

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

That stand is going to look awesome!!

Thanks thanks. I'm ready to have this done so I can start planning out the sump/fuge. I think the stand will look real nice if I can get the display if the fuge looking nice.

Got most of the trim work done tonight. Just got the bottom shelf and stain left.

Newest pic

cf76f124.jpg

Stand looks like its going to be very functional and it looks great too.

Thanks. I can only imagine what a 40b will look like on top of it.

the stand looks good B) do you have a pic with the over hang of the 36" lights? im getting ansy waiting for FNI to get some 24" ones in stock :)

the stand looks good B) do you have a pic with the over hang of the 36" lights? im getting ansy waiting for FNI to get some 24" ones in stock :)

Here you go.

cb9ac611.jpg

So I found out last night that I made a slight error making the stand and cannot fit a 20L as the sump. So I think I will just use an old 20H I have laying around.

Problem: I wanted to use my current 20l as my sump and buy a new one and drill it for an overflow.

Solution #1: Go ahead and buy a 40B ($/gallon sale) drill it for overflow and use my old 20H as my sump.

Solution #2: Keep 20l don't drill it. Use siphon overflow and 20H sump.

Which one would you pick?

So I am thinking of purchasing some of johns new Caribbean dry rock for the new 40b. I am definitely going to need some help designing my sump for this thing.

Whats the time scale looking like?

Are you catching any grief from the wife for upgrading?

Well the wife seems ok with it. Especially since I got a $115 tank for $40.

I'm hoping to have the sump sectioned off in a couple weeks and 40 up before thanksgiving. I think what I am going to do is transfer some of the rock to the display and put the ywg and shrimp in fuge until I get dry rock ordered and set up. So we shall see how this goes.

Picked up a new plate yesterday for $25. It's a nice bright orange color. Close up picture doesn't really show its color, but the fts does a lot better job.

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

Pic of my favorite ric. It has nice orange, blue, green and purple in it.

IMG_0733.jpg

I think I lost my 6 line. I haven't seen it in over a week now. Didn't find it on the ground so I know it didn't jump. I am not going to try to replace it until I get the new setup going.

As far as the new setup. I will be ordering the 700gph glass-holes overflow. Should I get the 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch return?

Yeah I think the 3/4 would be good too. I have the same overflow on mine with a 1/2 return and get decent flow. It's really starting to fill up and looking great :happy:

agreed!!!

can't wait to see what you do with that 40B

Thanks thanks. I am excited. I just ordered my overflow and return from glass-holes. So hopefully the 40 will be drilled by next week.

Are you gonna drill it yourself?

Yes I am. My dad has a large drill press so we are going to use that. So hopefully it works out ok. Everyone was trying to charge me like 80-100. Thats twice what I paid for the tank.

Stand looks great!! Hows the plate coral doing, they are awesome.

Thanks. The plate is doing great. Ate 4 huge pieces of mysis the other day and blew up like a blimp. Just got my Overflow and return last night so hopefully i will have the stand done and tank drilled by next week.

Archived