Coral Vue Hydros

The_gats 40B, 2 years of reefing

the_gats

Noticed a small amount of cyano (about a dime) on one of the rocks today. I was able to syphon it all out, but I shall be taking precautionary messures over the next week or so to make sure it doesn't come back.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rics are here and it looks like I got an additional ric.

Also just ordered the Fishneedit 3ft/4bulb T5 w/ 2 blue and 2 14000k white.

Those lights look sleek. Are you getting mounting legs or are you going to hang it?

Probably just mount it for now. I would like to hang it just to hide the overhang a little, but that may come in the future.

When is your light supposed to come in?

It's supposed to be in by Wednesday. I'm hoping it will be earlier, but I guess Wednesday will be fine. I can't wait to get more blue though. I need some more pop.

Question for some of you pros.

I got the 4 bulb coming w/ 2 blue and 2 14k bulbs. Should I go blue/14k/blue/14k or can I put blue/blue/14k/14k? The reason I ask is because it has two power outlets and I would like to beable to just run blue by themselves. Would that have any effect on how the lights luminate the tank?

How inclined are you electrically? You can probably change the end caps if they arent set up every other.....Im an electrician going on 6 years so if you have any questions let me know.

How inclined are you electrically? You can probably change the end caps if they arent set up every other.....Im an electrician going on 6 years so if you have any questions let me know.

Well I never really thought about that. I could probably pull it off.

New FTS

IMG_0589.jpg

Attached the rics. They are still pissed. Can't wait to see this thing under the new light.

IMG_0591.jpg

I forgot how much I hate waiting for ground shipping. I am ready for this new light to get in.

In other news, the xenia is already attached to my back glass. I'm interested in what that is going to look like as it starts to spread. Hopefully it will stay on the back wall since the rock it is attached to is touch anything except the back. Also the rics seem to be spreading out quite nicely. I will have to get a new pic later this week.

Tank is really fillin out, I cant get over how huge that frogspawn has gotten!!!

Yea the frogspawn is huge. If it keeps growing at this rate I might have to trade it out for a smaller one. I am excited to see the rest of the corals grow out.

That light better come in tomorrow!!!!! Im anticipating it as much as you are I think :lol:

Have fun at the lake, I heard its beautiful, be sure to share some pics!

That light better come in tomorrow!!!!! Im anticipating it as much as you are I think :lol:

Have fun at the lake, I heard its beautiful, be sure to share some pics!

Haha unfortunately I don't think it will be in until Thursday. I am quite disappointed because when I got the original FedEx tracking it said it would be tomorrow. LAME

nice tank, its inspiring for me :D im interested to hear your impression on the fish need it fixture, im pretty sure that's what im gonna go with, i cant decide on the 36" 4bulb or the 175watt MH on my 20g

nice tank, its inspiring for me :D im interested to hear your impression on the fish need it fixture, im pretty sure that's what im gonna go with, i cant decide on the 36" 4bulb or the 175watt MH on my 20g

Thanks man. There are tons of really nice 20L on this sight that have been my inspiration. As far as the light goes, it is supposed to be in tomorrow so hopefully I can get it up and running. I will def get a few pics up by Friday afternoon though. Good luck on your tank.

So I called FedEx and apparently my lights have been delivered to my lease office. What I don't understand is why the tracking never changed to delivered and why didn't the guy leave atleast the note saying he was there and left it at the office. So I will have my light at 9am when the office opens.

the lights look awesome! how many cords and on/off switches does it have? what bulb combo did you go with?

Its got 2 cords/2 switches. I got 2 14K white and 2 blue.

Archived