Cultivated Reef

The_gats 40B, 2 years of reefing

the_gats

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey man, I just noticed how sick that light hanger is. Is that galvanized pipe or PVC?

Thanks, It's actually 1/2 copper pipe painted with krylon fusion paint.

Once the wife gets paid this week I will be ordering 50lb base rock and my MP10. So hopefully this build will start becoming alive now that I'm working again.

Funny,... I have the same addictions, though instead of black and yellow it's black and gold :D

Burgundy and Gold!!! .....through the good and bad...

Burgundy and Gold!!! .....through the good and bad...

So pretty much you just mean through the BAD!!!

Ordered 50lb of rock from John last night. Tomorrow I have to get oil change, tire, and inspection. If that is all I will be ordering my MP10 this weekend.

So pretty much you just mean through the BAD!!!

Ordered 50lb of rock from John last night. Tomorrow I have to get oil change, tire, and inspection. If that is all I will be ordering my MP10 this weekend.

Exactly

Exactly

Listening to the things that organization has done in the last 10+ years pains me and I am not even a fan.

I do like the Caps though. My parents were never big hockey fans so I never had the pens up bringing like I do the steelers. And being a military brat allows you to pick your teams.

Listening to the things that organization has done in the last 10+ years pains me and I am not even a fan.

I do like the Caps though. My parents were never big hockey fans so I never had the pens up bringing like I do the steelers. And being a military brat allows you to pick your teams.

I may be tired of seeing the Steelers win games but I honestly believe that Polomalu is one of the greatest athletes of all time. That signed helmet is SO awesome. Show me another player that goes onto the field/rink/court/whatever and goes bat#### crazy EVERY single play. He runs at lightspeed to get anywhere and even when his speed causes him to make mistakes he just recovers.

Who else in the NFL plays like they're a rabid animal every single play and always has?

-------------------------------------------------------------

As for the penguins...well I grew up a pens fan. Jagr is one of my favorite figures in sports but since NC got the canes I haven't looked back.

Tank looks great next to that TV

:D

I never get tired of the steelers winning, I just get tired of them taking years off my life because they refuse to not make it a last second game. I am hoping for Pitt v. Chicago SB because I am way more terrified of Green Bay than I am the Bears.

Picked up 6 frags for $40 today. I got a tyree tricolor, bird of paradise, Cali tort, huge green cap, and pink and green bird nest. Will get pics up of them in their temp homes later.

Go Steelers!!!

Picked up 6 frags for $40 today. I got a tyree tricolor, bird of paradise, Cali tort, huge green cap, and pink and green bird nest. Will get pics up of them in their temp homes later.

Go Steelers!!!

WOW those sound like great additions! anticipating pics.

Alright not the best pictures but here we go.

Green Cap. A lot more florescent in person.

82f55e85.jpg

Green Birdsnest. Remember just temp home. Not going to secure them if I don't have to until I get the 40 set up

b389ca56.jpg

From Left to Right. Cali Tort, Pink Birdsnest, Birds of Paradise, and down is Tricolor.

c0481256.jpg

Tricolor and Red Planet

00031b45.jpg

Some of these are pissed because I havent secured them so they get knocked down, but so far polyps have been out and they are looking pretty good.

SUPER BOWL BABY!!!

The corals look great too!

Here we go. Nothing better than 50000+ fans waving their terrible towels in Jerry Jones face.

Got my rock from John today and messing around trying to scape. So here is my first attempt at scaping. Let me know what you think.

4bb9a91d.jpg

d6e63d2d.jpg

3eea2ea0.jpg

5bd02706.jpg

Looks great. I was wondering how this thing was coming along. I think the scape looks great and has tons of places for corals, which is something I wish I had considered a little more!

Looks great. I was wondering how this thing was coming along. I think the scape looks great and has tons of places for corals, which is something I wish I had considered a little more!

Yea thats one of the things I was going for. It was my first scape put together and Im pretty sure I like it, but wanted to see if anyone had any constructive criticism.

Also I am hoping to have water in this thing on Friday since I get my first pay check in over a month and the account is struggling. Hopefully after rent is paid I can get my order in on the mp10. So I am gonna say I should be good to go with this thing in 2 weeks. I am tired of waiting.

Yea thats one of the things I was going for. It was my first scape put together and Im pretty sure I like it, but wanted to see if anyone had any constructive criticism.

Nice open look but is there some way you could get the two ends away from the glass? Gonna trap stuff there and be hard to clean.

The scape and new corals look great!! I noticed you're in Manassas too, I'm from Dumfries. Did you get those frags from a LFS or?

Nice open look but is there some way you could get the two ends away from the glass? Gonna trap stuff there and be hard to clean.

Thanks, yea I think I can bring them in closer together without cramping things up any. Luckily I got 2 tiger pistols and they go everywhere and keep things turned up pretty well.

The scape and new corals look great!! I noticed you're in Manassas too, I'm from Dumfries. Did you get those frags from a LFS or?

Nice another local. I got the frags from a guy in Woodbridge. He had a FS thread on WAMAS so I went and picked them up. Everything else I get from Blue Ribbon Koi.

Archived