Pod Your Reef

The_gats 40B, 2 years of reefing

the_gats

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that looks fantastic!

Thanks man. I just hope I can rebuild it after I take the towel out.

Hopefully water will be going in in tomorrow.

Thats alot harder than it seems. My best scape was the one i did on the towel. Have not been able to get it just right.

Just think in 2 months that nice bright rock will start getting some nice color to it! ;)

Looking good

Very hard to do. I had to just wing mine with the water already in with no real plan.

Well then you guys all must suck because I did it. All back together the way it started. It only took me 1.5 hrs. Damn I had them in there like a puzzle though and they would only fit back one way.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Haha yea about that.

On bare bottom or sand first then rock?

Well what I did was take the rock out and set it up on a towel exactly how it was in the tank, then added the sand. As I put the rock in I moved the sand out of the way and put the rock on the bare glass because with 2 ~2" tiger pistols they WILL dig under all the rocks. It took me a while and a lot of frustration, but im glad I took pictures of it, but next time I will make sure I take close up pics to get the details in the rock to make sure I have it the right way. Tomorrow it shall have water.

Tank with sand, rocks and salt water few crabs.

FTS

eb43fb4c.jpg

Left Side

022d4334.jpg

Right Side

35a11747.jpg

Perfectly Cut 1/4"acrylic to cut down on the evaporation hopefully.

1593690a.jpg

Sump

d2201746.jpg

Dog peeking out blinds.

3f2f85bd.jpg

MP10 will be here end of next week.

Looks awsome gats!

Are you running a skimmer? dont see one in the sump. Also do you have your overflow and return pump in the same section? I have never seen it done that way.

Nice Job and the scape still looks great!!

Looks awsome gats!

Are you running a skimmer? dont see one in the sump. Also do you have your overflow and return pump in the same section? I have never seen it done that way.

Nice Job and the scape still looks great!!

I am not running a skimmer yet but I will be getting one in march or April. The overflow and return are on the same half but are split in half. I am using the whole river bend concept with my fuge where water moves fast on the inside and slow on the outside so it gives part of the water time in the fuge.

Looks great! Loving the open scape...

Thanks man. I really like the open space. The nice thing with the 40B is I get open space without sacrificing space for corals. I can't wait until I pick up my mp10 so I can get flow in the tank so I can start transfering corals.

I'm just enjoying the view!!!! Please keep the pics coming!

Thanks man. Unfortunalely I dont have a whole lot to look at since I have only some flow from my return pump so I don't was to start moving corals over yet.

On another note I ordered the JBJ Macro glo for the fuge and hopefully will be here in the next few days. I also found a mushroom that my pistols stole and placed at the entrance of their tunnel, but it is severely bleached and shriveled. Luckily it still closes up at night and opens when the lights come on so it should be savable. I may transfer the GCG over to the new tank just so something is swimming around.

Well I've got diatoms. Now I can add some more hermits and snails to the tank. Didn't want to add a whole lot and starve them out.

I am thinking I would like to get a jawfish eventually and thought about doing a pvc jawfish home. Any thoughts or opinions on those?

Well I guess this thread is no longer a 20L. I got everything transfered over to the 40 tonight. I shall upload a few blurry iphone pics of how everything is looking.

FTS

e99bfd2e.jpg

Left

63665732.jpg

Middle

081223bc.jpg

Right

798a39c1.jpg

Shrimp and Goby already getting at it. Frogspawn is a little pissed.

5849883b.jpg

Its about dam time!!

Looking good. I really like that plate coral. Ive been thinking about getting one, but I think my conch would just bulldoze it all the time

Its about dam time!!

Looking good. I really like that plate coral. Ive been thinking about getting one, but I think my conch would just bulldoze it all the time

Haha I know right. Thats what happens when you switch jobs and don't get paid for over a month. The hobbies take back seat to the bills. I got the plate for $25 at the lfs right before it closed. I should be picking up the MP10 tomorrow, I just have my Koralia rated at 725 in there right now. I was thinking I might leave it in with the MP10.

WOW Gats lookin good. I've been away and a lot has come together! The fuge is awesome looking, great scape and the pic of the plate is SICK.

WOW Gats lookin good. I've been away and a lot has come together! The fuge is awesome looking, great scape and the pic of the plate is SICK.

Thanks man. Its amazing how some iPhone pics can come out looking so nicely. I need to figure out how the scape the fuge now. Since its in the living room and on an open shelf I want it to be display worthy.

Gats, everything is looking awsome!! Its really coming together.

Thanks for the compliment. I am loving the depth of the 40b although the tank looks very lonely. The small clownfish dont fill space quite like they did in the 20. I eventually would like to get a yellowhead jawfish and then some kind of cardinal (preferably in a small group), but I am not sure which one I want.

Archived