inTank Media Baskets

The_gats 40B, 2 years of reefing

the_gats

Alright so after a running a while I noticed on more leak, but it is just a 1 drop per hour kinda of thing. Unfortunately it still needs fixed, but should be an easy one. Just need to retape some threads and hopefully it will be fixed.

Unfortunately I have to wait another week until I start my new job so the MP10 and base rock will have to wait a little longer.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to hear, looks like its going to be fun. Have you unplugged everything to see how much water goes into the sump in a power loss? you may need to build some sort of rack for your skimmer to sit on if you are running that water level.

Currently I have a ~1.5 inch sand bed. Is there a minimum for pistol shrimp/YWG?

Thanks.

I have a Tiger pistol and a ywg in one of my tanks and the shrimp arrages the sand to the depth it wants. every few days it changes the landscape.

Good to hear, looks like its going to be fun. Have you unplugged everything to see how much water goes into the sump in a power loss? you may need to build some sort of rack for your skimmer to sit on if you are running that water level.

Yea I have unplugged everything and it stops about a 1/4 inch from the rim of the that sump. I also had thought about having to build a rack for the skimmer which isnt a problem I've got 4 feet of 1 1/2in pvc and some acrylic left I figured I could use that to lift it. Tonight I got my last leak fixed (not enough tape on the threads. Tomorrow I will hopefully finish my light hanger and Saturday i should be draning and moving to the apt. After that is waiting to get the rock sand and mp10.

Getting close huh? Did you order the mp-10 yet?

I want to see pictures of the 20 damnit!!!!!

No I haven't ordered it yet. I haven't worked since the end of Dec. so the funds are short. Hopefully next week it will be ordered. I did get a Ora Red Planet frag today and will hopefully be getting Birds of paradise frag California tort frag, and a Bali Tricolor frag next week from someone local. All $10 a frag.

And here are a few pics.

A bunch of Zoas

6952b13c.jpg

The One head is splitting

4f9d5055.jpg

Two possibly three rics are seem to be splitting

bd84ad7f.jpg

Red Planet (Mostly green polyps arent all out yet.)

f2c9995d.jpg

All these zoas have grown from the frag I had onto the rock. The frag fell off so these are all new in the last 3 months

be1f66d6.jpg

FTS

ab706dce.jpg

Edit: I also will not be adding any of the xenia to the 40

Looking great gatz, I really like the rics. Where did you get them. Ive been looking at a pack on ebay for a while but need some $$

Looking great gatz, I really like the rics. Where did you get them. Ive been looking at a pack on ebay for a while but need some $$

I got them from coralmorphologic. I got the four pack and a wysiwyg.

First I would like to start out saying Go Steelers!!!

That candy is just about split. Shouldnt be long.

Yep it's finally splitting. Got my 40 set back up at the apartment and filled with tap just to make sure plumbing is still good. Here are some pics.

cdd48d87.jpg

5e221197.jpg

b3fbfabd.jpg

24a4267f.jpg

And finally the FRS (Full Room Shot)

1f94f648.jpg

Looks awesome and holy TV!!

Haha thanks thanks. Bought that when I was working, single and still living with the parents rent free. Its great for sports and Call of Duty.

Tank is looking good! Nice to see another person from Manassas!

Thanks I can't wait to get my MP10 so I can get this thing going. Yea man where about in Manassas are you?

Haha thanks thanks. Bought that when I was working, single and still living with the parents rent free. Its great for sports and Call of Duty.

You on PS3?

You on PS3?

Why yes I am. Onextoxthexhead is my name. I'm still rocking Modern Warfare 2 because all my extra money goes to the tank.

Been on black ops, Im much better at it than mw2, never got my KD over 1, but it was the first shooter I started playing, Got a 1.42 now in B-Ops. DeltaHighLeg-209 I'll shoot u an invite next im on.

Sounds like a plan. I might have to go pick it up after I get my MP10 and first pay check. I really can't wait to finish this build. It's taken way to long.

Felt like mine took forever too, but like they say .....only bad things happen fast.

Yea I suppose. I'm Just glad all the plumbing works and it's fairly quiet. You can't hear it over the tv at regular volume so thats good. I was a little worried I would have to much flow in my fuge to really do anything but I think having the return on the same side as the drain it allows for some varied flow through the sump.

I see three addictions in this picture. Third one on the lights.

Wifey got me that for christmas, Polamalu sighned. :bowdown:

Archived