Coral Vue Hydros

The_gats 40B, 2 years of reefing

the_gats

tundrashaul

lookin good, nice cleaner. Havent forgotten bout you man, just gotta make bills. said it would be 10 bucks for overnight on kenya, just not sure how to pack.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auto- Thanks. I am excited to be able to buy new things for the tank again. I really want the sixline just because I want another open water swimmer. I really like the flame and coral beauty but just not sure the tank is big enough. Maybe one day when I get a bigger tank.

Tundra- No worries and no hurries. I can send you the shipping amount. You don't have to cover that for sending me something. Just let me know.

liking the ywg!

It's definitely a sweet fish. And I never know what my sand is going to look like by the end of the day. Hills and valleys always changing.

Found some Green Hair growing in 2 spots in the tank. Luckily they spots are smaller than a nickel patch. Hopefully I can keep it under control.

I have some on my back glass, been letting it grow for the blenny though. I keep it scrapd off the front and sides, the snails only eat around the top of the glass so it stays pretty good.

So I think the slightly larger clown is starting to show its dominance over the other clown. They will swim around for a while, but will back it into the front left corner and will keep it there for a little bit. Doesn't seem to be doing any damage so I am not worried about it. Its interesting to see this after the fish have been in the tank for almost 2 months one is finally showing its dominance.

I'm not sure I have seen the shimmy yet, but I will be looking out for it.

Tundra- ehhhh That saddens me. Now I am going to have to blame the wife for my having to spend more money. Haha.

These to pieces of rock were base rock about a month ago and now have speckles of about 4 different colors. I wish all my rock would get this speckled look to it.

2c6d9e94.jpg

a2e06447.jpg

Just ordered the 4 pack rics from coralmorphologic plus the yellow and neon green rainbow w/ purple skirt and blue mouths!!! :D

Feather Duster Colony on right side of tank. There are tons of them back there. Not the prettiest sight, but pretty cool.

IMG_0536.jpg

Small partial star that I just saw for the first time. At the top of the picture you can see a brittle star leg also.

IMG_0534.jpg

Just ordered the 4 pack rics from coralmorphologic plus the yellow and neon green rainbow w/ purple skirt and blue mouths!!! :D

EPIC!!!!!!!!!

The blue mouth ones were sweet looking,good choice.......maybe if my morph splits ill put your name on it.

Haha yea you better. JK but seriously I'm down to doing some ric trading. I think I want the whole left rock to be covered in rics so the more diversity(an old old wooden ship) the better. Sorry for the Anchorman quote.

EPIC!!!!!!!!!

Thanks I thought so too. You know what would be equally epic is to see some of you acan frags in my tank. haha. But I am excited to get them in.

My next hope is to talk the wife into a counter top pico. I really wanna do a clown goby w/ sexies, cleaners, and pom pom. So we shall see how that goes.

New Sixline has arrived.

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0553_2.jpg

Frog Spawn looking greener than most of my pics.

IMG_0537.jpg

Left Side

IMG_0560.jpg

Right Side

IMG_0559.jpg

Older pic taken July 18th when I first got the Frogspawn. Can definitely tell some difference in size. Also the size diff in the yellow polyps is crazy.

DSCN0459.jpg

Cool Wrasse! How is everyone getting along so far?

That frogspawn has done great, It really has opened up nicely!

Everyone is getting along great. It's nice to have another open water swimmer. The wrasse tried to bully the clown around but they had each others back so he backed down. Fed them tonight and everyone ate like normal. As far as the frogspawn goes I didn't realiize how much that thing opened up until I saw the old pic. It looks huge compared to the other. Just can't wait til Tuesday to get my rics. Already trying to figure out order and placement.

Got some free stuff today from friend. The emerald crab was a hitchhiker in the pulsing xenia that I got. I was running out of time before work tonight so I couldn't get pics of everything.

2ad6be9e.jpg

6ecd03b3.jpg

15473241.jpg

2 days and the rics will be in. Might have to start letting things grow out soon.

Reefing = More expensive version of Crack

Its an expensive hobby for sure!! Just when I thought I had all my equiptment I've talked myself into thining I need a reef keeper lite. :lol: Ph probe and temp control is my main reasons, I dont really trust the stat on my heater from not sticking.

Its an expensive hobby for sure!! Just when I thought I had all my equiptment I've talked myself into thining I need a reef keeper lite. :lol: Ph probe and temp control is my main reasons, I dont really trust the stat on my heater from not sticking.

Yea I hear you on the heater, but most the stories I've read seem like the heater is about 2 years old when it goes bad. I don't know how much the RK costs, but I might just buy a new heater in 1.5 years. I just don't have the space or the stand right now for all the electronics. Also has anyone tried multiple smaller heaters so if one stays on it might not have enough power to over heat the tank.

Also I am thinking of upgrading my light to a 4 bulb fixture. I want more blue look but am not sure how to go about it.

More pics of the tank and the new additions.

IMG_0577.jpg

The rock below is where the rics are going to go.

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

I really need more blue. What would you say is best way to add the blue?

I was thinking fishneedit 3ft/4bulb, stunner strips, or powerbrites.

What do you guys think?

automatik_33

Everything looks awesome! It is really starting to fill up. Can't wait to see the rics!

As for the more blue look a 4 bulb setup would be good. I believe mine is only 2 ft and I get great coverage. Keep up the good work!

Archived