Cultivated Reef

The_gats 40B, 2 years of reefing

the_gats

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:o That's amazing! Great job. The clown looks like its in heaven ;)

Thanks man. She definitely looks quite comfy. I wish I could get a good pic of the nem during the day showing the green base.

hey gats are you on wamas? im in manassas as well.

I was, but I let my membership run out last month and just haven't re-uped it yet. Good to see another local on here.

Picture Update

Latest FTS

017df55b.jpg

I think this is my favorite section now.

8e638f00.jpg

Few pics of the my 2 Red Planets

29724378.jpg

28e9449d.jpg

The Chalices

0206eec7.jpg

82320fbb.jpg

b6903b87.jpg

The Nem

3467bb7b.jpg

Couple others

94b3de76.jpg

b29b6e4a.jpg

9e81a266.jpg

WOW, the tank looks great Gats, my clowns dont seem interested in holding up in anything. The coralline is kiking up well in this one!!

• 3 months later...

And a few more months later and updated pictures. I thought I would do a few Growth Comparisons.

1/21

IMG_1272.jpg

6/4

IMG_1385.jpg

1/21

IMG_1236.jpg

6/4

IMG_1387.jpg

1/21

IMG_1219.jpg

6/4

IMG_1388.jpg

1/21

IMG_1229.jpg

6/4

IMG_1382.jpg

1/21

IMG_1230.jpg

6/4

IMG_1383.jpg

2/4

IMG_1273.jpg

6/4

IMG_1377.jpg

2/4

IMG_1274.jpg

6/4

IMG_1386.jpg

4/11

IMG_1330.jpg

6/4

IMG_1378.jpg

New FTS

IMG_1376.jpg

And a few pics of newer corals

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just realized that I have had a reef for 2 years as of last Saturday. It hasn't been the same tank, but a lot of the rock, coral, and fish have been with me for a while now. Heres a little photo gallery since the beginning.

July 8, 2010

DSCN0437.jpg

Jan 13, 2011 (Prior to transfer to 40 Breeder)

ab706dce.jpg

Feb 14, 2011 (Right after Transfer)

80ed1fa0.jpg

Oct 22, 2011 (Right after moving tank)

c8bb325a.jpg

Current FTS

IMG_1376.jpg

Left Side

47b884c0.jpg

Right Side

1a8676d8.jpg

Thanks for looking.

devilsadvocate
I'm giving you guys a head start. I just got the live rock today for my 40b. And my LEDs shipped today as well.

aha, i see a 40B competition starting. :lol:

I will be very disappointed in you guys if my tank looks as good as yours. I'm pretty much shooting from the hip. I don't have nearly as much resources available to me as you you guys have. Beautiful tanks. Something to shoot for. Thanks.

devilsadvocate
I will be very disappointed in you guys if my tank looks as good as yours. I'm pretty much shooting from the hip. I don't have nearly as much resources available to me as you you guys have. Beautiful tanks. Something to shoot for. Thanks.

well me and gats have the same resources(locally). and were all "shooting from the hip" haha

Awesome pictures. Great growth documentation. Thanks.

Thanks, I am glad I started taking pics when I first add the corals to the tank. It makes it easier to see how much they have really grown.

look 10 times better then mine too! :) to you but :( to me.

Thanks for the compliment. I just read some of your thread and the Dragon scape sounds pretty legit. Unfortunately photobucket is blocked at work so I couldn't see the pics. I'll have to check it out when I get home.

I'm giving you guys a head start. I just got the live rock today for my 40b. And my LEDs shipped today as well.

I have been thinking of doing a DIY LED build for the tank. I just have to do a lot of research first.

Good Luck with the build. I have been building this out very slow with minimal maintenance (not recommended). I went through a period of one water change a month (again not good). Luckily everything stayed stable. I did have a bad case of cyano, but somehow that took care of itself.

well me and gats have the same resources(locally). and were all "shooting from the hip" haha

Haha no kidding. I'm just glad Aquatic Obsessions has good prices on frags. It took a while for this thing to get filled due to limited budget. I don't think I have a competition in me. This tank is pretty much in grow out mode now. Other than a few more pieces of "nice" SPS (if you have any pink lemonade, pearlberry or other nice frags you need off your hands let me know), I don't think a whole lot more will be going into it. I have to start saving up and gather equipment for a future ~150 build.

Thanks for looking and posting.

Archived