Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hypes Shallow ADA Lagoon

Rehype

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the ati fixture like 10 feet above the tank? It seems like it would bake all your corals.

Nah its about 10 inches. So far theyve been responding just fine . I could always hang it higher or shorten the photoperiod but for now they seem to responding quite well to the change

New FTS!

4555457837_e8b98df36a.jpg

Paleoreef103
Is the ati fixture like 10 feet above the tank? It seems like it would bake all your corals.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. That and that the fixture is probably wider than this tank!

Looks good Hype!

Thanks Animal :)

That's pretty much what I was thinking. That and that the fixture is probably wider than this tank!

Beleive it or not theyre about the same width

Thanks alot but yeah all the predators have been removed.Unfortunately It just wasnt going to work out with the initial vision i had for this tank.

:mellow: You Have Got To Be Kidding :mellow:

:lol: Nope its the truth.

How's the light spill?

theres not much light spill at all believe it or not. Ill take a pic to show you..

lakshwadeep

Very simple and nice! Shallow tanks have great proportions. Too bad about removing the fish; maybe you could try some tiny gobies for the bonsai look a la marcello's pico.

Very simple and nice! Shallow tanks have great proportions. Too bad about removing the fish; maybe you could try some tiny gobies for the bonsai look a la marcello's pico.

Thanks alot Lakshwa. You hit the nail right on the head im going to fill this tank with a few different species of goby. Preferably gobies that stay within the 1" range.

Looked much bigger :happy:

Thanks.. scaping can give the appearance of a much larger tank. At least that was my goal :happy:

Picked up this awesome chiller for the summer heat. Its probably one of the smallest chillers ive seen. It heats and chills which is really convenient. You wont believe i only paid $50!!!

chiller-1.jpg

New FTS!

4555457837_e8b98df36a.jpg

that looks great, eugene! Good combination of bulbs for some intense coloration. I actually ordered a couple ATI Blue Plus bulbs today -- i hope they look as nice as yours!

it's too bad about the eel, but i agree that it would be tough to put a canopy on this particular setup.

Picked up this awesome chiller for the summer heat. Its probably one of the smallest chillers ive seen. It heats and chills which is really convenient. You wont believe i only paid $50!!!

$50?! was that retail?

that looks great, eugene! Good combination of bulbs for some intense coloration. I actually ordered a couple ATI Blue Plus bulbs today -- i hope they look as nice as yours!

it's too bad about the eel, but i agree that it would be tough to put a canopy on this particular setup.

$50?! was that retail?

Thanks tim. Your going to love the blue plus. They give out a good amount of par and encourage beautiful colors. It was between the ATI Blue plus of the new KZ Super Blue. I may still try one of those as well... Just to compare how blue they are in comparison with the ATI. My acans immediately perked up and started coloring almost immediately after the switch.

Yea the canopy i made just was draining the sexy out of my setup..

No i bought it used from someone over at RC. Heck of a deal.

Tank is looking great. Wish you all the luck with it. The chiller that you got, what kind is it? Is it something readily available or another one of those that seemed to have disappeared off the market?

Hey Eugene the light really looks great over your tank. I really like the looks more than the Leds. Glad youre happy with the fixture man. Looking forward to see what you do with the tank now that you have changed themes. That last wartskin angler was a beautiful fish. Too bad it didnt work out with him and the flow etc. But there are some really cool gobies to be had out there.

Jason

LogansRunRx
Tank is looking great. Wish you all the luck with it. The chiller that you got, what kind is it? Is it something readily available or another one of those that seemed to have disappeared off the market?

+1

tank looks HUGE... hard to believe it's actually so small.

would definitely be interested in finding a chiller/heater like that.

what kind is it?

any ideas where to get another?

cheers...

Thanks so much. Its an Azoo CH100. Its one of those brands the made for a while in china and then discontinued. I dont understand why they wont relaunch the line considering how popular nanos are.

Hey Eugene the light really looks great over your tank. I really like the looks more than the Leds. Glad youre happy with the fixture man. Looking forward to see what you do with the tank now that you have changed themes. That last wartskin angler was a beautiful fish. Too bad it didnt work out with him and the flow etc. But there are some really cool gobies to be had out there.

Jason

Thanks Jason I much prefer the T5's to the leds being able to add other other colors of light to the spectrum is huge. Yea im going to miss the wartskin but so far the goby theme is working out well.Its alot of different species. I have to update with some pics.

+1

tank looks HUGE... hard to believe it's actually so small.

would definitely be interested in finding a chiller/heater like that.

what kind is it?

any ideas where to get another?

cheers...

Thanks alot. Its an Azoo Chiller(CH 100) but unfortunately they've discontinued making them. I was lucky to find one on reef central. I would try posting in the Want to buy section. Maybe you could find someone who still has one laying around

I agree with foregoing the lid. If you can't make it sexy, leave it off :)

Do you have an ATO? i imagine with that much light and those dimensions the evaporation would be outstanding!

Archived