Top Shelf Aquatics

Hypes Shallow ADA Lagoon

Rehype

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i managed to get some pics of the gobies. yellow,trimma and sharknose. I also got some type of pink goby but ihavent been able to get a pic of him just yet.

4613501572_b2004d4d70.jpg

4612913165_8edc69167e.jpg

WOOO Gobies! omgomgomg

Do the Yellow Clown and trimma always stay that close?

Hehe im just getting started

It depends what mood the trimma goby is in.

nanoreef-R

Hmmmm

This is starting to live up to the Rehype tanks, but it's still missing something.

:P

I just purchased the same tank. Do you have any surface scum problems without an overflow box?

Thanks,

Pete

Nope thats where the outflow lily pipe comes in handy because it agitates the waters surface. It also helps to replace your media regularly as it removes the organics that cause surface skum.

Hmmmm

This is starting to live up to the Rehype tanks, but it's still missing something.

:P

Whatchu talkin bout willis?!(In gary coleman voice)

:D

I'm in love with this tank Rehype!

Thanks so much doolspin. Ive still got alot of work to do but its coming along.

:happy:

So you doing zeovit on the tank? :unsure:

I am using zeo products but im not doing the full blown zeo method. Im sticking with their carbon and zeolites since ive found them to be extremely effective in removing organics and other unwanted compounds. Im also dosing some of the nano additives that should improve coloring.But Ill let you know if i see any noticeable changes from dosing. I plan to start adding some more sps soon.

nanoreef-R

That's basically what I'm doing, but I'm mixing and matching.

I've got D&D RowaPhos for phosphate (redundant)

Chemi pure Elite (sorta Redundant)

BA Zeolites (Essential for the whole ULNS)

BA Microbacter 7 (I love that stuff)

and a fuge. Phos is a 0.00~0.03 (Hanna) Nitrate 0, and SPS loving it. I'll be following your tank ;)

right now I'm also trying that story on reducing the lighting on your tank for better coloration... I'll see how that goes.

That's basically what I'm doing, but I'm mixing and matching.

I've got D&D RowaPhos for phosphate (redundant)

Chemi pure Elite (sorta Redundant)

BA Zeolites (Essential for the whole ULNS)

BA Microbacter 7 (I love that stuff)

and a fuge. Phos is a 0.00~0.03 (Hanna) Nitrate 0, and SPS loving it. I'll be following your tank ;)

right now I'm also trying that story on reducing the lighting on your tank for better coloration... I'll see how that goes.

I totally agree with that setup. I think you have to mix and match what works best for your tank. Ive been testing to see what gives the most consistent results. I had a rough patch in the beginning but things have definitely stabilized. I think they key is to dose but then to just give it time. I realized it takes quite a bit of time for the various bacteria to colonize and then stabilize.

animalmaster6
Hehe im just getting started

It depends what mood the trimma goby is in.

zI can't wait to see what other gobies you get :happy:

me either :D Im hoping to get some more this week. Its been really cool watching the trimma gobies just stay perfectly still waiting for a pod to stroll by and then snapping it up. ...Total ambush hunters

just wanted to say thats one amazing tank you have, its so clear and chrisp i love it, i also love the dimentions of the ADA tanks, shame i cant seem to find any suppliers in the uk

animalmaster6
me either :D Im hoping to get some more this week. Its been really cool watching the trimma gobies just stay perfectly still waiting for a pod to stroll by and then snapping it up. ...Total ambush hunters

Very cool! Love how they do that :happy:

just wanted to say thats one amazing tank you have, its so clear and chrisp i love it, i also love the dimentions of the ADA tanks, shame i cant seem to find any suppliers in the uk

Thanks alot phoenix. I appreciate it. I find that so odd that there aren't any suppliers in the uk. I'd imagine that they would sell really well.

Buy it!

I'm really tempted but I'm already have my funds focused on another goby...hmmm this makes it difficult.

nanoreef-R
I'm really tempted but I'm already have my funds focused on another goby...hmmm this makes it difficult.

Am I seeing wrong, or is the goby $20? B)

Archived