Cultivated Reef

Hypes Shallow ADA Lagoon

Rehype

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice pic! I love the Trimma species.

Definetly check out DD a lot. They a lot of times have really cool gobies.

Thanks animal. Ill definitely keep my eye on DD. My lfs also gets rare gobies from time to time so its going to be an ongoing search.

what other species of fish do you have in the tank. nice pic. :)

Thanks weeber. I also have an eviota goby,a green banded and a yasha.

Thanks weeber. I also have an eviota goby,a green banded and a yasha.

wow thats weird you havent seen the other fish. :huh:

No flaming prawns? *heartsinks*

Dont worry thats definitely on my list

wow thats weird you havent seen the other fish. :huh:

Well i saw the eviota goby briefly yesterday. But the greenbanded and the yasha ive only seen once since i put them in the tank. Im hoping that theyre still alive but i do know these gobies are great at hide & seek so i may have to search more at night.

Rehype, back a few pages ago you mentioned "continuing with zeovit products" when someone asked if you'd ever give vodka dosing a try. What zeovit products are you currently using? I know you use the rocks and carbon in your canister, anything else at the moment? Also, what salt do you use?

Excellent tank. Thanks to you, I had a really hard time trying to decided between a 60-P and the 60-F for my new project. In the end, I decided on and, earlier today, ordered the 60-P as there is a branching acro I'd like to try to get to grow tall and the extra height will help.

Rehype, back a few pages ago you mentioned "continuing with zeovit products" when someone asked if you'd ever give vodka dosing a try. What zeovit products are you currently using? I know you use the rocks and carbon in your canister, anything else at the moment? Also, what salt do you use?

Excellent tank. Thanks to you, I had a really hard time trying to decided between a 60-P and the 60-F for my new project. In the end, I decided on and, earlier today, ordered the 60-P as there is a branching acro I'd like to try to get to grow tall and the extra height will help.

Im using the zeo nano kit. Which is just basically a mixture of additives for the corals. Im currently using oceanic salt.Ive had great success with it in the past so im going to stick with it.In addition to the zeo rocks and the carbon im using eheim substrate pro.

Thanks alot jt. I appreciate it. Good luck with the 60-P Im looking forward to seeing your build thread.

Umm I just saw your Azoo chiller....I'm so mad I bought an Ice Probe now. :angry:

Well dont be too mad buddy they dont actually make the azoo nano chillers anymore.

TheNordCelt

Hey great tank, I really like the idea of species specific tanks, I just made my softie tank a damsel reef.

Thanks alot Patrick.I thought it would be cool since they stay so small and tend to be very peaceful. It would be easy to house a lot of different species.

Hype, you use the GLA Nano Lily Pipe set, correct? Do you think they'd be too small for a 14" tall tank? GLA recommends them for 10" or shorter tanks but our usage is much different than planted aquaria. Thanks.

Edit: I suppose I also have to take the thickness of the glass into account so maybe the nano set will not work on the 60-P regardless.

Yep i'm using the nano gla set. I don't see why you wouldnt be able to get away with it on your 60p.

Finally stumbled across your thread and really enjoyed reading through the last 11 pages. I've always been a huge fan of your past tanks and this one surely doesn't disappoint.

I might be going rimless in the future so it's been great reading through your thread to see how you keep things sleek yet functional.

Really beautiful reef you've started to create. What do you have in mind for SPS? Mix of encrusting/plating Montis or mostly branching Acros?

-Adam

Thanks alot adam for the positive feedback. Im thinking of going with mostly montis to start im going to go with montipora digis. And just get a bunch of colors. Then probably go branching acros from there... Ive got an idea of how this should look im just hoping i can make it a reality.

Thanks alot adam for the positive feedback. Im thinking of going with mostly montis to start im going to go with montipora digis. And just get a bunch of colors. Then probably go branching acros from there...

Sounds like a great plan. I don't think the digitata's get enough attention...there are tons of different colors/varieties and they are usually hella hardy stonies. I had a really nice Orange Digi that had a great growth pattern, just wish I would have kept it.

Ive got an idea of how this should look im just hoping i can make it a reality.

That's the ultimate challenge when it comes to creating a nice mixed reef.

Sounds like a great plan. I don't think the digitata's get enough attention...there are tons of different colors/varieties and they are usually hella hardy stonies. I had a really nice Orange Digi that had a great growth pattern, just wish I would have kept it.

That's the ultimate challenge when it comes to creating a nice mixed reef.

Thats exactly how i feel. I had some in the past that did really well with colors and polyp extension. Not to mention they come in every color of the rainbow. I once had a tank crash and the just about everything died except the digi. It was a huge purple colony that i wish i wouldve kept.

CrownOfficial

wow, this tank is freaking sweet.

do u have any problems with the dwarf eel?

he doesnt try to escape or nip at your gobies?

they look so awesome but theyre so expensive :/

Aw man I love your tank! I cant wait for you to get some sps in there :naughtydance:

Thanks alot zook. I cant wait either! I dont know why im prolonging it i should just go get pick some up..

How's about some new pix :P:wub:

Ok you got it :wub:

wow, this tank is freaking sweet.

do u have any problems with the dwarf eel?

he doesnt try to escape or nip at your gobies?

they look so awesome but theyre so expensive :/

thanks alot DC. I took the eel out since i didnt want to keep a canopy on this tank.

AdrianBryce

So I have decided to emulate your setup(equipment wise) I am going to be ordering a 60-F. What brand/model canister filter are you using? I am thinking eheim 2232. Any recommendations?

Archived