Top Shelf Aquatics

Hypes Shallow ADA Lagoon

Rehype

Everything looks great, I am starting a 12 gallon long ( 35"L 9"H 8"W) so its similar in shape to this... seeing yours makes gets me all giddy. Im trying to figure if i want 36" 2x39 watt t-5s.Do you think that would be enough light or stick with the 4 bulb unit?

On an off note great avatar... two of my roomies went to high school with her... hahahaha

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everything looks great, I am starting a 12 gallon long ( 35"L 9"H 8"W) so its similar in shape to this... seeing yours makes gets me all giddy. Im trying to figure if i want 36" 2x39 watt t-5s.Do you think that would be enough light or stick with the 4 bulb unit?

On an off note great avatar... two of my roomies went to high school with her... hahahaha

thanks alot.Be sure to start a thread for the new tank. Honestly 2 bulbs would be fine but I would suggest the 4 bulb just to give yourself some more options for spectrum.

Thanks she brings the lulz

Me like!! The lilypipes are so cool! There's an LFS out here, Aquatouch, that stocks all that stuff. Very expensive, but very "laboratory" looking. Very cool.

The angler is very pretty. I'm very jealous!!

Thanks alot reeftank i really appreciate it. I planned this tank out for a while and im just glad so far its coming together how i envisioned it.

Very cool tank. Gotta love the look of ADA and their glass parts!!

Chris

Thanks Chris :)

Me like!! The lilypipes are so cool! There's an LFS out here, Aquatouch, that stocks all that stuff. Very expensive, but very "laboratory" looking. Very cool.

The angler is very pretty. I'm very jealous!!

Thanks alot Bamato. I had only seen lily pipes on freshwater planted tanks and thought how great they would look on a reef tank.

I havent just yet although hes already been trained to. I just think hes been acclimating but when the pods run out he should be alot easier to coax.

oh i didnt forget about you buddy. Im making something special just for you i should have it done by tomorrow :D;)

Cool. Well good luck with the training, hes a beautiful fish.

Good. I am waiting :ninja:

I like the music choice. What is the brown macro? It reminds me of kelp, I like it. Where are the fish???

I like the music choice. What is the brown macro? It reminds me of kelp, I like it. Where are the fish???

The funny thing its really green under the right lighting its actually just caulerpa prolifera. The fish were hiding. I got another vid of those guys in it i just have to finish editing it.

Oh interesting. Also, your torch is very bright, I mean very very bright. Oh cool, you don't happen to have a vid of your angler "fishing" do you?

Oh interesting. Also, your torch is very bright, I mean very very bright. Oh cool, you don't happen to have a vid of your angler "fishing" do you?

You should see it with just the blue leds on B) Yep theres a vid of him i posted earlier in the thread.

Angler

Cool vid and great looking tank. I like that hosting site too since they (apparently) don't strip the music off your video. Stupid youtube, corporate whores.

You should see it with just the blue leds on B) Yep theres a vid of him i posted earlier in the thread.

Angler

Nice, I need to get a torch like that.

Sweet vid, I wish I could see the esca more clearly though. The fish itself is beautiful.

Thanks jacob im working on something special for that but its still tough to get shots of him since hes really camera shy.

For the record, I had to look up esca.....

And sweet. I can't wait to see when you get that vid up. I bet he will become less and less shy, especially when he starts to depend on you for food.

lol..

Yep thats what im hoping and when he does ill be able to do something really really really cool....

That is the coolest looking angler I've seen. I saw another similar one for trade on another forum recently. I would have grabbed it if I had the tank for it. That thing is so freaking cool.

That is the coolest looking angler I've seen. I saw another similar one for trade on another forum recently. I would have grabbed it if I had the tank for it. That thing is so freaking cool.

I saw that same for trade ad. Theres actually another one right here on nano-reef.

Look

Archived