Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hypes Shallow ADA Lagoon

Rehype

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with foregoing the lid. If you can't make it sexy, leave it off :)

Do you have an ATO? i imagine with that much light and those dimensions the evaporation would be outstanding!

I totally agree with you B)

I do have a tunze ATO but i have yet to set it up. It detracts from the look of the tank. So for now i just manually top off. If im going to go away for a day or more then ill set the ATO up.Once the temps hit the 90's then i probably wont have a choice but to setup the ATO but for now its isnt bad at all.

Pure awesomeness B)

This.

:happy: Thanks again weetie

Needreefunds
So where are the gobies ;)

-Dave

this too!

C'mon buddy take your awesome camera-and skills- and point them at da gobies please. :happy:

this too!

C'mon buddy take your awesome camera-and skills- and point them at da gobies please. :happy:

Ive actually had a really hard time getting any shots of these guys. So far i have two trimma gobies,one eviota,one green banded and one yasha goby/w randalls pistol. Ive only seen the the trimma gobies twice since ive added them. I think theyre all in the hiding phase. As soon as theyre acclimated and start hanging out in the open a bit more ill be sure to get some shots.

AdrianBryce

This tank is awesome! How are your glass pipes ( i guess they are called lily pipes?) plumbed? Just with soft plastic tubing?

AdrianBryce
Thanks alot Adrain. Yep you got just im just using plastic tubes.

guess I should have asked this in the last post.

What are you using to clamp them? Just regular metal strap type clamps or zip ties? I am thinking about getting some and don't want to break them.

guess I should have asked this in the last post.

What are you using to clamp them? Just regular metal strap type clamps or zip ties? I am thinking about getting some and don't want to break them.

Well where the hose connects to the pipes im not using anything to secure it since its a pretty tight fit and i wouldnt want to risk breaking them. I am using metal clamps where the hose connects to the canister filter.

Oh I thought you were using the ADA pipes. Where did you get the plastic ones?

The plastic we were referring to was the tubing but the pipes themselves are glass.

animalmaster6
Ive actually had a really hard time getting any shots of these guys. So far i have two trimma gobies,one eviota,one green banded and one yasha goby/w randalls pistol. Ive only seen the the trimma gobies twice since ive added them. I think theyre all in the hiding phase. As soon as theyre acclimated and start hanging out in the open a bit more ill be sure to get some shots.

Sweet!

man this tank is awesome and i may upgrade my 2 gallon to a tank this size and i would keep small gobies in it like you. i had already planned to upgrade to a 5 gallon tank but i like this tank better. also i mainly planned on just having a pair of flaming prawn gobies. which i will still have but i like the idea of having other small gobies but i dont want to have a filter so i may only have the flaming prawn gobies so i dont have to feed to much. do you think i could go multipule gobies and still be able to have no filter? also i recommend getting a flaming prawn goby if you can because i have had one for awhile until it got such into the filter and they are awesome fish. also i dont see the 60-f tank on ADA's website.

That sucks about the predators. What did you do with them? I don't like this tank any more. J/K. :P

Yea i know...I sold them to a buddy of mine. Awww c'mon that hurts my feelings :P;):( I promise the tank will still be kinda cool

Sweet!

thanks animal

man this tank is awesome and i may upgrade my 2 gallon to a tank this size and i would keep small gobies in it like you. i had already planned to upgrade to a 5 gallon tank but i like this tank better. also i mainly planned on just having a pair of flaming prawn gobies. which i will still have but i like the idea of having other small gobies but i dont want to have a filter so i may only have the flaming prawn gobies so i dont have to feed to much. do you think i could go multipule gobies and still be able to have no filter? also i recommend getting a flaming prawn goby if you can because i have had one for awhile until it got such into the filter and they are awesome fish. also i dont see the 60-f tank on ADA's website.

Thanks weeber. Im glad i could give you some ideas for your upgrade. You could probably get by without a filter but you would need to be diligent in your water changes. Yea i plan to get a flaming prawn goby. Its such a beautiful fish. The 60-f is definitely on the website they still have some in stock.

Yea i know...I sold them to a buddy of mine. Awww c'mon that hurts my feelings :P;):( I promise the tank will still be kinda cool

thanks animal

Thanks weeber. Im glad i could give you some ideas for your upgrade. You could probably get by without a filter but you would need to be diligent in your water changes. Yea i plan to get a flaming prawn goby. Its such a beautiful fish. The 60-f is definitely on the website they still have some in stock.

can you give me a link because the website i am looking at does not have any tank that size.

thanks for the link and i was useing a different site that did not have it. also i think i may go with the 45-f because sice it is smaller i will be more likely to see the flaming prawn gboies.

animalmaster6

:lol:

I'm still working on my ultimate list. This is my goby list so far.

Firefish

Pearly Jawfish

Psychedelic Mandarin (When the tank is more established)

Sharknose Goby

Pair of ORA Tiger Gobies

Pair of Striped Coral Gobies

Greenbanded Goby

And I'm transferring my hi Fin Red Banded Goby with mated pair of pistol shrimps

Definetly not final.

Well i managed to snap a shot of one of the trimma gobies. im going to try to get some more pics but i have yet to spot any of the other species.. <_<

4568535714_a1772051da.jpg

animalmaster6

Nice pic! I love the Trimma species.

Definetly check out DD a lot. They a lot of times have really cool gobies.

Archived