Top Shelf Aquatics

Vic's Vivarium Project

Withers

He's been getting in some really nice Aussie stuff recently. Acan mini-colonies go for about $60, but he's had duncans among other things. His shop is doing really well, I'd definitely recommend making a trip :)

Let me know if you head up this way.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I figured out why my shrimp haven't been doing their jobs... my heater is broken. Well, I have it set on 80 and it is currently 72 in the tank, so I assume it's broken.

I have it set on 80 and it is currently 72 in the tank, so I assume it's broken.

:eek: You could have at least dropped a few down jackets and gloves in there for them :)

Apparently my tank fell to pieces and I didn't even notice :lol:

My MP10 also broke when I tried to clean it the other day. :sigh: This is all great timing considering we're going home for 6 days starting tomorrow evening.

Apparently my tank fell to pieces and I didn't even notice :lol:

My MP10 also broke when I tried to clean it the other day. :sigh: This is all great timing considering we're going home for 6 days starting tomorrow evening.

at least it didn't happen when you away.... ;)

That's true, instead I end up having to drop $100 on the tank to keep it from failing because I don't have time to order the equipment online.

#### you Petsmart and your $30 powerheads and heaters.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking great Jason. How are things progressing with getting rid of the algae and getting things back in shape?

Hope you guys had a great Christmas and good start to the New Year!!

-Adam

Yeah Krista got me a Tek T5 fixture for Christmas. It's probably a bit of a downgrade from the MH we had, but so far the corals seem much happier under the T5. I also switched to Coralife salt. All in all I'm just trying to try some new stuff this year.

The algae is on it's way out! I'm saving up to get a protein skimmer to help out some more, but for the time being my long-spined sea urchin has been a life saver. It never knocks over corals and it works tirelessly all day long.

Any special care for the black long-spine urchins? Just talked to my LFS owner and although he said he usually doesn't order them, he said he could get one for me for around $20. From all that I've read, they sound pretty bullet-proof but just thought I would check with someone who actually has one.

Thanks.

I have no doubt that he'll eventually outgrow my tank, but nah I haven't treated him any differently than my other urchins.

you'll never believe this, but I just now epoxied my corals in place this past weekend. It's no wonder none of my corals have grown :lol:

Adam, drive up and take my pencil and tuxedo urchins.

Might be a bit of a trip for some urchins ;) The weather's nicer here as well!!

you'll never believe this, but I just now epoxied my corals in place this past weekend. It's no wonder none of my corals have grown :lol:

Same here!! I just now moved a bunch of things around and may finally get them glued down. I usual rush and epoxy everything down and then regret later that I didn't take my time. That and I've just been lazy/busy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived