ReefCleaners.org

Vic's Vivarium Project

Withers

squirrelieygrrrl

very nice vic! lovin what youve got goin on there.

in your tank.... lol. the house is fab too.

srry. didnt notice the house at first. *smacks forehead*

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear about the crap going on with the tank. I've been dealing with this mystery cyano in my 20H for the past 6 months and it's finally starting to go away. I finally got tired of chasing my tail with buying new bulbs, filters, changing salt, etc and just figured it will eventually out compete itself.

Now on my 4th tank, I realize that some tanks just can't sustain certain things. Z's & P's in my old 55g grew like weeds, did fine in my BC29, and just shriveled and died in the 20H, although SPS couldn't have been happier. I've seen it with coral but the shrimp thing just seems crazy. Have you been getting the shrimp from the same vendor/LFS?

Swanky place man....looks great even without anything in it!!!

Sounds like your BMW is a little like my Jeep. I have a '77 CJ5 and although I bought it for around $1,800 about 8 years ago, I easily have $10k sunk into it. Between a rebuilt engine, completely new wiring, brakes, paint, etc I could never get rid of it. Nor will I ever want to. Nothing like driving something that you've spent time, energy, and hard-earned money on.

Well I'm hoping I can eventually keep shrimp since the primary inhabitant of this tank was supposed to be inverts :( Snails and crabs do fine, it's just the shrimp that don't make it. I'm hoping once we move and everything settles down it'll start to work out.

Glad to see you back in business Jason! House looks much roomier than your townhouse was. :) Cool tank too... you know I just got around to replumbing that tank I bought from you? I'm hoping to get a cycle going soon.

Glad to see you back in business Jason! House looks much roomier than your townhouse was. :) Cool tank too... you know I just got around to replumbing that tank I bought from you? I'm hoping to get a cycle going soon.

Man I thought you'd disappeared. Thanks!

your new home is beautiful. Congrats.

Thanks!

Hey Jason. Did you say that you started to see the dino/algae issue when you started using Instant Ocean? Just wondering since I'm having some algae issues in my 20H and since I've tested my RO/DI (O TDS), bulbs are new, etc...the only thing that has changed in my system is changing from Tropic Marin to regular IO salt.

Just wondering if you've always used IO or if you recently (within the last few months) changed?

-Adam

I've always used it with this tank, but I'm going to switch to something else as soon as this bucket is empty. I don't have any proof that the salt is to blame but I suspect it is (I've had this algae issue from almost day 1, I think now it's just grown out of control).

We didn't get the tank moved this weekend. I was too busy working on this:

4943948144_de84ec4225_b.jpg

I've always used it with this tank, but I'm going to switch to something else as soon as this bucket is empty. I don't have any proof that the salt is to blame but I suspect it is (I've had this algae issue from almost day 1, I think now it's just grown out of control).

We didn't get the tank moved this weekend. I was too busy working on this:

Thanks for the feedback Jason. Sounds like it may be a combination of a possible bad batch of IO and removing the reactor.

Holy sh*t that theater room is nice. :o I just topped off the tank and should be heading up that way with a 6-pack to catch the last matinée. ;) Should be killer with football cranking back up.

Is the tank going in this room?

I think the tank is going to go downstairs in the living room. We were going to potentially put it in the loft right outside the movie room but I didn't want any more light contamination than was necessary. You're more than welcome to stop by whenever you're in the area :)

Our house came with a ton of plywood to nail to the windows lol. Wouldn't it be a ##### if our house got destroyed by a hurricane less than a week after we moved in?

Jason the house looks awesome & hope the salt fixes the algae issues for you.

in the theater what type of speaker are you running they don't look like surface mounts but still super thin.

oh & the bmw is fantastic.

They're in-wall/on-wall hybrids

W22CherryGrilleOff2.jpg

The BMW is out of commission again (shocking, I know). The bands in both the rear tires blew out last week. FML.

I'll definitely drop by the next time I'm driving up that way.

I wouldn't worry about Earl...nothing more than high swell and erosion to worry about here in SC.

-Adam

old cars are fun that way.

but when shes done spitting out all the old & has someone to take care of her.

not much will touch an e30 as far as fun to drive. plus shes a convertible. :)

That'd be tough considering the substantial differences in bodywork. If you're looking for an e30 M3 this side of the pond for under $10k I think you should probably be looking for a project car.

Archived