Pod Your Reef

Vic's Vivarium Project

Withers

I like the home theater setup... I just bought a LG 50" plasma that is beautiful. I'm trying to find some NHT surrounds to go with my front stage NHT towers but i'm good for now. Hope the hurricane didn't give you too much grief! (I sold my GTI by the way... picked up a 2002 Z28 with 18k miles!)

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! We're getting lots and lots of use out of it :)

The move was successful, I don't think I'm going to have any casualties. I also returned the six-line as he might have been the cause for my mass shrimp disappearance. Pics tonight probably.

Congrats on the casualty-free move. Hard to tell from that distance but things still look nice and happy. Looking forward to seeing where you take things now that the tank is in it's final spot.

-Adam

Yeah me too. I did a 90% water change as part of the move so I'm hoping that, combined with the addition of the phosban reactor, will get everything back in order.

Hopefully my zoanthids will actually start to grow now. My VDMs are still the same 2 polyps that I bought months ago.

jason

lately I've heard of doing a 90% wc in several context. from your experience do you think that there would substantial benefit to doing this on a normal basis. (every couple months)

jason

lately I've heard of doing a 90% wc in several context. from your experience do you think that there would substantial benefit to doing this on a normal basis. (every couple months)

I have no idea. I mean yeah I definitely think it would do wonders for water quality issues, but I don't know whether it would be worth the risk on a monthly basis. I also don't know how it would affect bacteria cultures in the live rock since I would be exposing nearly 80% of it to air. Might be worth a try though, I know doing a 3 days of no lights routine once a month can do wonders too.

Beautiful place you have! Love the kitchen too!

Since salt is your main suspect, why don't you switch brands to confirm?

I don't have any proof, it's likely just a scapegoat. I'm almost out of salt so I'll use up this bucket and then switch to something else and see :)

Same algae I've been dealing with ever since I set it up, haha. Nothing died on me :shrug:

It cleaned up nice

4991375595_f9c9260d15_b.jpg

I'm obviously going to move the return for the topoff at some point, I just need some new double sided tape.

Thanks! I wish I could get rid of this devil spawn algae though. I gave our 6-line away to a good home, hopefully with no meaningful bioload I'll be able to get it under control.

Yeah I'd love to get a Mame overflow and set up a sump and refugium. It'll be a while though. I've got way too many other things eating up all my money right now.

Archived