Top Shelf Aquatics

Newman's Picotope

.Newman.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just looked at his, pretty awesome. I like your layout though :). I am curious what that red and green pillowy coral on the right hand side with the zoas around it is called. I want one for my tank for sure.

That's my Blastomussa welsi coral. Blastomussa merletti (spelling?) are amazing too. El Fab had the merletti, and I personally like those more.

How are your tubbs blue zoas doing from pj86? Mine started as six polyps and are popping off new polyps like crazy. I have like 11 or 12 now.

they are doing ok. i cant notice any growth yet but i'm not really looking closely at them or anything. as long as they are alive, open and happy, that's what matters. not like there is any room for them to spread anyway haha!

Newman, I now have 2 white anemone porcelain crabs. The first one is still mauling the duncan. The second like to hang on the rock. Both are handicapped, the first still hasn't grown her second arm and the new one is missing one pincher.

ok well keep feeding them, and in time they will grow back. your corals should have been used to the crab by now...the one that is not on a coral, will eventually find one to host.

i see. well it really likes your coral. also it looks like it feeds off the coral which is not unusual. you are spot feeding the crab right?

from the looks of it, the coral is simply too small to take the hosting well. kind of what happens when a tiny anemone gets taken over by clowns.

its up to you to decide what to do. if the duncan looks decent and alive - feeds regularly- then you can just leave them. if its adversely affected and is going to die, then move it way from that location/get the crab off it too. for example place it on a frag rack so the crab cannot get to it. just some ideas.

Agree with Newman. If the duncan stays healthy then leave it. If not move it and evict the crab. Lola will find another spot to hang out. My spends most of the time in my gsp.

Ok, I need to make some room in my pico - meaning hat i have to get rid of some of these frags that have been lying around the tank taking up space. if someone is interested in seeing pictures of the following, let me know. Right now i have frags of:

Green birdsnest x2

Rainbow pocillopora x2

pink Montipora undata x2

Green Implosion Palythoa 1 polyp

Eagle eye zoas ~x2 frags(small)

I have one eagle eye frag reserved for metrokat - the frag is still growing so its not available yet.

Ok, I need to make some room in my pico - meaning hat i have to get rid of some of these frags that have been lying around the tank taking up space. if someone is interested in seeing pictures of the following, let me know. Right now i have frags of:

Green birdsnest x2

Rainbow pocillopora x2

pink Montipora undata x2

Green Implosion Palythoa 1 polyp

Eagle eye zoas ~x2 frags(small)

I have one eagle eye frag reserved for metrokat - the frag is still growing so its not available yet.

You able to ship any of those :) ? I'd be interested in the birdsnest.

i am shipping. shipping is $15 including a heatpack and insulation, so its worth it to get more than one frag. frags will be priced cheaply to compensate for shipping costs.

for example the bigger branched green bird frag will be $10 while the small green bird frag will be $4.00

The implosion paly for comparison will be about $4.00 (pics should show that is very green and imo worth the $4.00)

anyway, pics coming soon :)

i am shipping. shipping is $15 including a heatpack and insulation, so its worth it to get more than one frag. frags will be priced cheaply to compensate for shipping costs.

for example the bigger branched green bird frag will be $10 while the small green bird frag will be $4.00

The implosion paly for comparison will be about $4.00 (pics should show that is very green and imo worth the $4.00)

anyway, pics coming soon :)

Well you think my lighting can handle the montiporas. It's the 8g with the halide?

yes of course. they live in the corners of my tank and get by with low light. they should be fine under a MH. the montis did come from my MH-lit 10 gal nano.

wouldn't you guys want to see the corals' pics first before buying haha? ill post up pics sometime this week. I will keep you two in mind for what you want. also it sounds like both of you want 2x of the same coral?? are you sure about that?

wouldn't you guys want to see the corals' pics first before buying haha? ill post up pics sometime this week. I will keep you two in mind for what you want. also it sounds like both of you want 2x of the same coral?? are you sure about that?

Your reputation proceeds you, but you're right.

Newman? Have you seen my tanks? It's stretches of the same stuff. Lololol

ok lol, as long as you are sure you want both monti frags. same species - i warned you.

Ok, you think I could handle the rainbow, the monti, & the paly?? Might as well make this interesting.

yes all of them will work. the pocillopora likes low-medium light from what i see. it should be fine since its not picky about lighting.

Archived