Coral Vue Hydros

Newman's Picotope

.Newman.

tubs blue zoas

they will be saved for my future all blue reef tank, if I can keep them alive. they dont seem to be finicky zoas but its too early to tell.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tubbs blue zoas

they will be saved for my future all blue reef tank, if I can keep them alive. they dont seem to be finicky zoas but its too early to tell.

An all blue reef tank! Haha, I'll definitely be subscribing to that one, .Newman. :)

yes its definitely one of my planned future tanks. all blue corals. and mostly blue animals such as clams. the chosen fish for the tank will be a pair of red mandarins (they do have some nice blue). if I'm feeling up for it i may even get a blue sea slug (the one that eats flatworms)

blue themed tank is going to be awesome. lighting would be challenging though because i don't want all blue/purple lights that cause animals to just blend in.

blue themed tank is going to be awesome. lighting would be challenging though because i don't want all blue/purple lights that cause animals to just blend in.

What's the planned lighting?

Hehe blueberry gorgonians!

idk. maybe a combo of all white par30 LEDs and a PC light running only actinics...from what i can see, the Current PC lights have some very nice actinic bulbs that highlight coral colors without blending blue corals with the rocks.

well my derasa clam is going into that future tank because its going to outgrow my picotope. although its orange from the top, its a shade of blue if looked at from the side.

and a pic of the blue zoas that I received from pj86

DSCN3885.jpg

both pics taken with flash...

The Zoa's opened up pretty nicely for ya. They are quite resilient, the only coral in the tank that seemed to be unaffected when tank crashed. They will grow quickly for ya.

that is going to take forever to stock the tank if youre doing all blue corals. It will be amazing though!

not forever lol. the majority of the space will probably be given to the clams, and one rock of blue Porites. the rest will be mushrooms and such. Easy stuff. and yes it will be amazing.

Heh heh you had a ton of asterinas hitch hiking on that rock. Let me know if you ever need some. For now, they're having a blast partying it up in my pico :D

nice, i guess they were more prevalent in my 10 gal than i thought. i hope you like them. I will probably save a few for myself when the 10 gal finally gets taken down. But if they do not survive until i setup something for them, then yes I'll probably need some from you :lol:

Hey newman your pico is one of the best ive seen on here good job :bowdown:

Thanks, glad you like it.

This tank needs an updated video...I'll probably make one tomorrow.

unfortunately it will be similar quality to the current video in the first post :(

I just noticed that my camera costs around $20 these days......

._.

i guess i'm getting good photos for $20 lol.

i believe my camera was originally bought for about $300 many years ago.

video has been updated

The pico looks gorgeous. It looks so full & I like the warmth of the color palette against some beautiful greens.

I will now have that music in my head all day long, .Newman.!!! This is not a good thing.

OMG! I thought one of my porcelains died last night. Nope, a shed, but boy did it look like a dead body! A lot more so than a hermit shed.

L

lol glad you liked the video :)

yes it was difficult to adjust color because all my camera films is blue lol. the colors in the vid are still not correct, but they are closer to the real life image than an all blue vid. for example the color of the clam in the video is extremely close to real life color. it does look orange-pink when looked at from above.

Great video, Newman. You have inspired me to do the same at some point! You get a much better idea of perspective, placement, depth etc with a video compared to pics.

Archived