SaltCritters.com

Newman's Picotope

.Newman.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really appreciate you kind words! It is very uplifting to hear something like this because sometimes I think my tank does not look very different from all the other picos. All are such high quality tanks :D

i really appreciate you kind words! It is very uplifting to hear something like this because sometimes I think my tank does not look very different from all the other picos. All are such high quality tanks :D

I think your tank is stunning too. :) There are just some picos that call your attention & yours is one of them.

that video was awesome... kinda like a acid trip with a pink panther style ambiance and Planet Earth/BBC style panning

looks great newman

yes those blastos have been around for a while in this tank, almost since the start. i almost lost them at one point, but then i remedied the issue with the Iceprobe chiller...

I hope the blastos grow into a large colony over time. they have about 15 polyps right now.

The clam is one of my favorite things in the tank too.

• 2 weeks later...

When i took down my 10 gallon nano a few days ago, I moved my emerald crab from there, into this pico. so far no trouble...he is keeping algae on my clam in check so far. not bothering the clam yet.

:scarry:

Well,

I know that my emerald fragged my Zoas for me, after destroying my other zoas. I was able to place the frag the crab made in the place where the other ones disappeared, so I guess it balanced ok in the end!

:P

You still have the bumblebee shrimp in there?

Awesome tank by the way!

its the same growth picodope. yours may be slightly more rapid because yours started out smaller. mine has about 3/4" of new growth since i got it. I'll get pics when i can.

picodope, here is the growth you were asking for:

DSCN3926.jpg

it has been a while now and the shell growth that was developed after i received the clam has started to blend a bit with the old growth, but you should still be able to see a semi-distinct line where growth in my tank has occurred. the line is right above where the S-shaped pink splotch of coralline is (the darker pink one with the white dots).

Mr. Microscope

Hitting close to the two year mark. Go Newman!

Sweet overhead shots!

I really like the video BTW, and nice add on with the blue zoas.

That's it. I can't take it anymore! I'm nominating you for TOTM again.

thank you! but its not ready for TOTM yet :lol:

i forgot, there is also that random container on top of my HOB...thats just a temporary thing to keep my asterinas in until i setup a tank for them.

Saying I love your tank doesn't do it justice... I revisit this thread often just to remind myself of what you can do with a pico if you are committed to making it work.

It's just lovely - thanks for sharing it with us.

thanks! I try my best to keep this tank going. There is a move coming up in the near future. I understand that tank moves are one of the primary reasons we experience tank crashes or declines. once it makes it past that move, it shouldn't have much trouble surviving past the two or even three year mark :)

I will likely move out in January or February.

Archived