Coral Vue Hydros

Newman's Picotope

.Newman.

that was a pic with flash haha, otherwise i could even get the porcelain in focus...the zoas are just regular eagle eyes. i did make a whole bunch of frags of them - you have the pics i sent you.

I am starting to feed that crab a lot. I really do not want to lose him if diet is ever to blame for failing to keep a porcelain. I feed him frozen mysis or marine fish pellets every other day, and he also gets a lot of filter feeder food on Thursdays (Frozen cyclops, phytoplan and zooplan powders)

I've been trying to feed my crabs every other day as well. Those are just eagle eyes. Lovely. What's the color temp on your lighting?

PS: have two Caribbean porcelains (mucky greenish brown) in the 36g. John Maloney sent them with a gigantinormous CUC. I really want a Purty one like yours, though for the 2.5g.

L

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll need to spend about $10 on the anemone porcelain if you want one :P

Woah, reefcleaners have sent you Caribbean porcelains as micros? i find that pretty cool actually, are they nice crabs? pics?

My lighting is 50/50 between royal blue and cool white Crees.

FTS time.

DSCN3853.jpg

DSCN3854.jpg

You'll need to spend about $10 on the anemone porcelain if you want one :P

Woah, reefcleaners have sent you Caribbean porcelains as micros? i find that pretty cool actually, are they nice crabs? pics?

My lighting is 50/50 between royal blue and cool white Crees.

FTS time.

DSCN3853.jpg

DSCN3854.jpg

TOTALLY AWESOME is all I can say!!!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

thanks, I cant wait for the millepora to grow into a big colony. it will likely take another year though :( The thing is doing nothing but encrusting right now.

that was a pic with flash haha, otherwise i could even get the porcelain in focus...the zoas are just regular eagle eyes. i did make a whole bunch of frags of them - you have the pics i sent you.

my frag doesn't look like those. :rant:

And you were right! Porcy is still at the same spot! Silly Crab!

what is different about your frag? the skirts or the color? take a photo of yours with flash and they will have the same color...

o wait, your frag was in my 10 gallon for a very long time, and being lit by MH for a while, they may have changed color slightly. they still originated from my picotope though so the same zoas. take a pic with flash and see/compare.

Oh don't make me come over there!

RSCN3807.jpg

DSCN3527.jpg

In the pic below, 2 colonies are glued together, the deep pink ones are from my LFS, the ones below are yours.

IMG_3367.JPG

IMG_3383.JPG

I still like what you sent me but I'm totally stealing your flashy zoas! hmpf.

are your pics with flash? interesting it looks like mine gained a yellow skirt under the MHs as opposed to a green one that they have in my picotope.

also your PC? lighting makes them look like they have a pink center ring as opposed to an orange or reddish one.

After seeing your awesome porcelain crab, I got myself one. He's absolutely adorable!

Got a pom pom too, and you're right. They're real reclusive and its a real pain because he's now carrying aiptasias and I can't get them off of him.

All the corals I got from you are doing great.

After seeing your awesome porcelain crab, I got myself one. He's absolutely adorable!

Got a pom pom too, and you're right. They're real reclusive and its a real pain because he's now carrying aiptasias and I can't get them off of him.

All the corals I got from you are doing great.

Wow! Carrying aiptasia, that's like a 44 magnum in the Pompom world. He's packing some heat. Name that one Clint Eastwood

The Pompom crab says to the amphipod...

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six nematocysts or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is an aiptasia, the most powerful anemone in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

:lol:

ApiratenamedJohn
The Pompom crab says to the amphipod...

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six nematocysts or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is an aiptasia, the most powerful anemone in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

:lol:

Lmao

My pico isn't known for its mushrooms, but there are a couple in here:

Return of the Rhodactis

Unfortunately this is just a clone - not the original red rhodactis, which is actually the very first coral I ever got. the original probably wouldn't even fit in my pico now anyway... so I made a frag of it and put it in this tank.

DSCN3884.jpg

And here is my green striped shroom that has never split lol.

DSCN3883.jpg

Archived