SaltCritters.com

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

Hey, I read on here your light is to strong... Should I get a 250w or a 150w fishneedit mh pendant for my future shallow cube (28x28x12)?

Hey, I read on here your light is to strong... Should I get a 250w or a 150w fishneedit mh pendant for my future shallow cube (28x28x12)?

Depends what you need it for.

It's a bit strong for LPS or Low Light Corals but the SPS love it...

You will probably do fine with a 150 as long as the spread is enough.

Depends what you need it for.

It's a bit strong for LPS or Low Light Corals but the SPS love it...

You will probably do fine with a 150 as long as the spread is enough.

Ok I do want it to be mostly SPS dominated but I am a zoa fanatic. Sooo I guess 150w will be fine.

Ok I do want it to be mostly SPS dominated but I am a zoa fanatic. Sooo I guess 150w will be fine.

i want to do the 150 with the dual t5s on each side :D

Should be. I am also a Zoa fanatic and I have a 250... so I am not sure what to tell you.

i want to do the 150 with the dual t5s on each side :D

I agree. Are you building one of these shallow squares as well?

To expensive for me haha, and that would proly be to much for a shallow tank.

I dunno I am a fan of tons of light. I had a 250w halide on a 29 g Biocube for 2 years.

I agree. Are you building one of these shallow squares as well?

I wanted to do alittle bit deeper like maybe 15'' so i have a bit more room. maybe like 33x33x15.

I wanted to do alittle bit deeper like maybe 15'' so i have a bit more room. maybe like 33x33x15.

Right on. Yea that depth sounds sweet. Although 12" is plenty.

NaClCrocodile
To expensive for me haha, and that would proly be to much for a shallow tank.

You could always use the T5s as actinics. Then you'd get a nice sunrise/sunset effect.

AJ, as always - tank looks great. Keep it up!

P.S. Have you tried out the NP Pellets on the studio tank yet? Also, you need a link to it in your signature.

Edited by NaClCrocodile
You could always use the T5s as actinics. Then you'd get a nice sunrise/sunset effect.

thats what i was going to do. i dont like the color of halides but with alot of actinics it will bring some pop.

aj has some nice leds that do that..lol

AJ, as always - tank looks great. Keep it up!

P.S. Have you tried out the NP Pellets on the studio tank yet? Also, you need a link to it in your signature.

I havent even put water into my Studio tank yet!.. Once its further Along I will add it to my signature.

PS thanks glad you like the tank! There seems to be many shallow tank designs like this popping up in the contest thread. Interested to see what people do.

thats what i was going to do. i dont like the color of halides but with alot of actinics it will bring some pop.

aj has some nice leds that do that..lol

On page eight theres a DIY guide to my LED Actinics.. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=2740105

IMG_0709.jpg

didnt you used to have black clowns in here? or am i thinking of another 47 gal shallow tank owner lol?

also i ask this to all shallow tank owners, how do you keep the fish from jumpin out, and how do you keep dust from plaguing your water's surface?

didnt you used to have black clowns in here? or am i thinking of another 47 gal shallow tank owner lol?

also i ask this to all shallow tank owners, how do you keep the fish from jumpin out, and how do you keep dust from plaguing your water's surface?

You are correct. However, a devastating case of ich was introduced with a new fish a couple months ago which took my clowns with it.

Now I have the two Picassos and a chevron tang, which are all healthy. I have never had a problem with jumpers (knock on wood). As for dust I haven't noticed. I also run filter floss which probably helps.

Well

has officially cleared 2000 views!

It's been featured on Glassbox, Todomarino, Justin.tv and several other reef forums, Youtube also featured the video on its recommended videos page.

Thanks to everyone for watching commenting and encouraging content creation in this hobby.

Well Everyone, here is a July FTS and a couple other angles. As you can see everything is doing well.

Chevron and the Clowns managed to show face for the shot as well.

IMG_6519.jpg

IMG_6538.jpg

IMG_6539.jpg

Thats all for now, Enjoy.

- A.

animalmaster6

It really does look awesome.

Ya a Cherub Angel would look swet in there too bad they're a Cherub Angel :rant:

:P

Very nice. I think you should add some dwarf angels - because I'm too chicken lol.

It really does look awesome.

Ya a Cherub Angel would look swet in there too bad they're a Cherub Angel :rant:

:P

I dont trust angels enough. If I were to get one I would get a Bicolour though.

Next fish will either be 3 Lyre-tail Anthias or a Longnose Butterfly.

animalmaster6

Angels are too dangerous. If tey were reef safe that would be awesome.

Longnose Butterflies can be just as bad if not worse than angels though.

Angels are too dangerous. If tey were reef safe that would be awesome.

Longnose Butterflies can be just as bad if not worse than angels though.

This can be true. However I would trust one far more than I would trust any Angel. A few years ago I had a presumably reef safe Bi-Colour. It was in a reef tank for about a year and didn't even look at coral, then I added Acan frags... They were gone in one night. Completely eaten.

I dont trust angels enough. If I were to get one I would get a Bicolour though.

Next fish will either be 3 Lyre-tail Anthias or a Longnose Butterfly.

Very nice job on the new video! I'm considering a trio of Lyre-Tails as well, but was concerned that my tank which is 50gallons wouldn't be big enough considering they get 5in. What are your thoughts on them?