Innovative Marine Aquariums

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

Two things:

#1. What setting is everyone running their Vortechs on..? Right now I have it on short pulse and it is synced with the wavelength time of the aquarium. This means literally all of the water is moving in a full wave motion. I think this is far more effective than reef crest mode. Every single polyp is swaying back and forth in the aquarium.

#2. I just ordered a Canon 5D Mark II.... I love the iPhone and all but soon the media in this thread is going to improve threefold. The Mark II also shoots HD Video and you know what that means...

That is all.

- A.

Tank looks really great! :)

I love Chevron Tangs. Perfect for this tank.

Thanks! I am excited for the Chevron the one I am looking at is about the size of a quarter.

You'll have to wait till I get the 5D for photos though.

cant wait to see some high def pics! I just got my new macbook pro as my graduation gift and the graphics are amazing compared to the old PC monitor.

cant wait to see some high def pics! I just got my new macbook pro as my graduation gift and the graphics are amazing compared to the old PC monitor.

Don't want to get into a PC vs. Mac debate, but that is awesome you got a Macbook pro! They're great machines for graphics videos etc. I do all of my video/audio editing on any level on Mac.

I will try my best go get some new HD content up soon for everyone.

In the meantime. Here is a low light iPhone photo of a new Strawberry crab under actinic light.

IMG_1086.jpg

There is a lot of debate about wether these are reef safe, however from talking to some people with experience with them for over 7 years it would seem there are no more or less reef safe than an emerald crab.

Many people have fish die then they wake up to see a crab eating the dead fish and they instantly blame the crab rather than themselves. IMO 9 out of 10 times the fish dies because of other problems and the CUC just does its job to clean up the mess.

ANYWAYS...

The crab is bright pink and a great rare addition to the reef. I will keep everyone posted on the reef safe outcome.

Im going to have to say the best thing I did this morning was decide to check out his thread. Watched the video one the first page and it was incredible. Tanks like this is the reason I wanted to start my own tank. I just wish I had the money, space, and the always important permission from the wife to get something like this tank started.

I'm going to have to say the best thing I did this morning was decide to check out his thread. Watched the video one the first page and it was incredible. Tanks like this is the reason I wanted to start my own tank. I just wish I had the money, space, and the always important permission from the wife to get something like this tank started.

Thanks gats. I am glad to hear this thread has impressed you. The money aspect is not really that taxing if you are patient and look for deals. I certainly have spent a lot of money on this tank so far but I am confident the deals I receive have gotten me far more value for the money.

Thanks for watching the video and taking the time to browse what I've done with this setup. If you have any questions or anyone else feel free to ask.

5D arrived in box this afternoon at the studio.

I look forward to taking some of the first photos this weekend. Hopefully I can find that Strawberry Crab for a real photo op.

WooooO!!!!!!!!!

5D omgomgomg COngrats on the new camera and the new crab!

And a Chevron the size of a quarter :oomgomgomg

Thanks animal. I am excited for the 5D especially the video capabilites. I still plan on making a video with the RED One Camera as well.

The Chevron is doing awesome. Eating everything I put in the tank and it's already munching on detritus. It seems this fish is perfect for this reef. It's nice they're pretty rare as well, makes for a good addition.

Edited by AJ_Tsin
animalmaster6

For the 125 I'm getting a Desardjini and Mimic Eibli Tang. II really want a Chevron instead of a Mimic Eibli but they are so darn expensive.

NaClCrocodile

The only thing with Chevrons is that they lose all that beautiful color as they mature. I personally like the end colors, but the juvie colors are 10x nicer.

For the 125 I'm getting a Desardjini and Mimic Eibli Tang. II really want a Chevron instead of a Mimic Eibli but they are so darn expensive.

You're right they are really expensive. I was lucky to get a wholesale price on mine. But generally speaking it's hard to find one that isn't between $150 and $200. Those choices sound awesome for a 125. Sometimes I wish I had a huge tank, but I love the approach to a compact reef.

The only thing with Chevrons is that they lose all that beautiful color as they mature. I personally like the end colors, but the juvie colors are 10x nicer.

I do like the juvi colours but I am also excited to see it mature. I like the idea of it looking like a black tang at first glance. This fish is soo tiny aswell I think it has a lot of "juvi" left.

Edited by AJ_Tsin
NaClCrocodile
Thanks! You wanna see the full fish list?

I do.

Yes, AJ, I do think you've got a lot of juvi colors left in a quarter sized tang lol. Now quit typing and start snapping some pictures!

animalmaster6

Here

Fish List

Desardjini Sailfin Tang

Mimic Eibli Tang

Royal Gramma

Red Spotted Blenny

Barnacle Blenny

Two Spot Bimaculatus Blenny

Firefish

Pearly Jawfish

Psychedelic Mandarin (When the tank is more established)

Sharknose Goby

Pair of ORA Tiger Gobies

Pair of Striped Coral Gobies

Greenbanded Goby

Dragonface Pipefish

3 Orange Lined Cardinalfishes

Pair of Ocellaris Clowns

Filamented Flasher Wrasse

Pink Streaked Pygmy Wrasse

Sunburst Anthias

I do.

Yes, AJ, I do think you've got a lot of juvi colors left in a quarter sized tang lol. Now quit typing and start snapping some pictures!

Patience. They will come.

Animal that list is huge. I'm gonna read though some of your threads now.

I am out of town shooting a music video all day so as soon as I get home this evening I will be unboxing the camera and shooting.

That's pretty cool. Wanna share whose video it is? Probably confidential lol.

It's not really confidential. But I don't think the band wants it known yet. They are from Canada and not that big... yet.

I will try and post a link to the music video when it comes out. It may be a while though.

Oh and it's pretty big because I have the AquaC EV-400 skimmer, perfect for heavy bioloads :happy:

Thats an awesome skimmer!

Did I mention this 5D is awesome yet?

Because it is. I have taken some video and some pictures, not sure if I will keep the video as its all handheld and was really just a test, but the photos will be up here soon.