inTank Media Baskets

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

Perfect patch reef aquascape. IMO you need to put a nice maze brain rock

Maze_ps.jpg

or a porites rock

f044811t.jpg

in there. You would have to remove some rock either from the large island or the small but it would look very natural in your setup.

I keep loving it. You happen to see the tailless clowns on GBD? Weird!

Yes I actually read that this morning. Weird indeed. I am all for the designer clowns but I dunno about those.

Perfect patch reef aquascape. IMO you need to put a nice maze brain rock

Maze_ps.jpg

or a porites rock

f044811t.jpg

in there. You would have to remove some rock either from the large island or the small but it would look very natural in your setup.

I do have a brain somewhere in there however with an ULNS and super bright light I find it hard to keep the LPS happy.

IMG_2359.jpg

Heres a really old photo of it.

Although all the hype and comments about the video just posted have taken over the past 3 pages here is a more informative update:

Chevron is still doing well. Eating like crazy and is swimming everywhere.

For the record I upped the dosage of VSV last week to about 2.5 ml as I was measuring some nitrates on a Salifert Kit. The Hanna Checker measures absolute zero for phosphate.

Still dosing 4 Drops of MB7 Daily to accompany the VSV. Also I am dosing Lugols a couple times a week rather than daily. Strontium 2x a week as well. All other dosing has not changed. I had a coral RTN a few weeks ago due to a new stressed coral which fell over, and as of right now there is also one zoa frag that is not opening not sure why as all of the colonies around it are doing great. All other corals have polyps fully extended. I am still getting over a bad temperature and salinity swing for a couple days last month, but the color is slowly starting to fill out again as the browns disappear.

I have a quarantine hospital tank up and running just in case things go awry with the Tang. I had a bad experience a while ago which some of you read about so I am prepped for the worst. An Achilles tang in the system this guy came from got Ich so I am being cautious. For now I am feeding mostly Omega Flakes w/ Garlic Soaked in Selcon. I may feed actual garlic next week to continue boosting the immune system over the next month or so.

Skimmer and ATO are working great pics to come of this I still have my fuge online I seem to be too attached to take it offline however I have a feeling it is counterproductive to my VSV dosing. I cannot seem to achieve perfectly low nitrates still and I think the DSB has something to do with it. However, Cheato is starting to turn very light green so I think its time to take it offline. Its a relatively easy process as all I have to do is turn off a ball valve at the T section of my overflow plumbing.

That's it for now. As always comments and questions welcomed/encouraged.

- A

wow. This really makes me want to build something just like it. AH!!!

Thats exactly what happened to me when I saw my first well done shallow tank. I was consumed by the need to build a new system. I have had a ton of people say that this reef has inspired them which is amazing to hear.

Theres something about these shallow reefs that just makes them stand out.

CrushtheTurtle

Hey man, LOVE the tank, its sweet, this is like my goal someday haha (still newbie), wondering if the clows ever jump out, and in the vid ur currents seems to b pretty strong haha is it always like that?

Hey man, LOVE the tank, its sweet, this is like my goal someday haha (still newbie), wondering if the clows ever jump out, and in the vid ur currents seems to b pretty strong haha is it always like that?

Yes I keep very strong currents but they are not direct. I have a Vortech on pulse mode to make waves in the tank. This keeps most detritus afloat. The corals love it.

Also no the clowns never jump out. (Knock on wood) I had a Wrasse Jump out years ago but that was a different system.

Thanks for the comments.

Well we just had an Earthquake. Hopefully the tank is ok at home! Earthquake felt cool though. I am in Niagara and felt it. 5.5 apparently.

Well we just had an Earthquake. Hopefully the tank is ok at home! Earthquake felt cool though. I am in Niagara and felt it. 5.5 apparently.

should be alright man i live in california we have earthquakes like that all the time.

Wow, how have I missed this tank. It is amazing. Excellent job and nice work on the video, too. I love my Solana but I'm super jealous of the system you have!

should be alright man i live in california we have earthquakes like that all the time.

Should be alright. Consider that California is the biggest reefing state.

Haha everything was fine. I suppose its true that california gets these all of the time. This was the first earthquake in about 12 years here and the first one I have ever experienced so I guess thats kindof interesting.

Thanks guys.

PS. Chevron Still doing great!

Wow, how have I missed this tank. It is amazing. Excellent job and nice work on the video, too. I love my Solana but I'm super jealous of the system you have!

Thanks Clav,

I loved my Biocube until I saw a few people with rimless tanks...

When I bought this I was a bit skeptical because when empty it looked almost too shallow and the stand was quite short as well. However, it has turned out pretty well so far... and its only going to get better. I have had tremendous feedback and exposure around here which is great but more importantly its motivation to keep perfecting this craft.

Thanks all...

PS. I just entered Animalmaster6's Nano Contest with my 13.5g Studio Reef! Stay tuned for that little system...

PS. I just entered Animalmaster6's Nano Contest with my 13.5g Studio Reef! Stay tuned for that little system...

omgomgomg

Perfect :D

Hey I was wondering, with shallow tanks like yours, can you look down at your tank and see anything, or do you have to get on your knees?

omgomgomg

Perfect :D

Hey I was wondering, with shallow tanks like yours, can you look down at your tank and see anything, or do you have to get on your knees?

Well it is a bit low... but you definitely don't have to get on the ground or anything! If you are standing a few feet away you can see everything but you have to crouch to see the back or a Full tank view.