inTank Media Baskets

FishEye Aquaculture Updates!

FishEyeAquaculture

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you have any 'smores ready for sale soon? im looking for a pair of them to add to my stock and switch up a few females and get them a smore male. looking for something 1" to 1.5" and alot of white. something like a super 'smore.

FishEyeAquaculture
you have any 'smores ready for sale soon? im looking for a pair of them to add to my stock and switch up a few females and get them a smore male. looking for something 1" to 1.5" and alot of white. something like a super 'smore.

They're almost ready to go to their new homes!!! They probably need about 2-3 more weeks.

3_Smores9-15.jpg

3_Smores9-15_edited-1.jpg

3_Smores9-15.jpg

2_Smores9-15copy-1.jpg

1_Smores9-15_edited-1.jpg

5_Smores9-15_edited-1.jpg

So beautifulmazing! I am temp to get another one from you. I am looking for one with a full helmet or sideburn and the white covering close to their nose or forehead. Lol

Can't wait to get one more for my ss. He is doing really good and coloring up alot more black. I need to take some pictures and post it up for you to see how your babies are doing!

FishEyeAquaculture
Congrats, Jonathan!!!! Amazing work you're doing! You'll be famous soon and I'll be able to say, "I knew him when..." ;)
Awesome work man!!!

Thank you for the kind words!

• 2 weeks later...

We went diving down in the Keys this past weekend and I paid special attention to the porkfish! They really are beautiful with very rich colors! Your progress is amazing! Keep the pictures coming!!!

FishEyeAquaculture
We went diving down in the Keys this past weekend and I paid special attention to the porkfish! They really are beautiful with very rich colors! Your progress is amazing! Keep the pictures coming!!!

Thank you!

I never paid much attention to this fish either until I found out we were going to be a part of this project, they really are stunning as adults.

Wow, those clowns are beautiful. :wub:

Also awesome that you have broken the boundaries on the Porkfish along with Sea World! Keep posting updates I am following this thread!

FishEyeAquaculture
Awesome progress!!!

What percentage would you say made it to the 30 day mark?

Only a small percentage, maybe 10%. However, since this is still a "work in progress" species both I and Sea World are very happy with the results.

Wow, those clowns are beautiful. :wub:

Also awesome that you have broken the boundaries on the Porkfish along with Sea World! Keep posting updates I am following this thread!

Thank you very much!

BTW, we do have a limited number of s'mores available, PM me if interested!!!

FishEyeAquaculture

All s'mores that were WYSIWYG have been sold!!! We still have plenty avaiable that haven't posed for photographs yet. So, if you are interested, just send me a PM!!!

FishEyeAquaculture

Well, we have "officially" been in our new facility for 10 days now and we have had some exciting events happen! We have had spawns and are currently raising three new (for us) species of fish (pictures and announcements to come)!!! We have also introduced our very own FishEye "Goldflake" Maroon Clownfish to market!!!

The porkfish have doubled in size in the last 20 days and are now enjoying Hikari mysis. We have also noticed that as juveniles, they are acting as ectoparasite feeders. Of course, I am sure that will change once they are big enough to gobble up any fish that will fit in their mouth!

porkfish50daysposthatch.jpg

Wow, what an amazing thread. Awesome brood stock and I wouldn't know what to do with all the space you have in your building lol. All I can say is great reading! Very impressed. I found Pickles on another forum and he referred me to Nano-Reef lol.

I actually picked a pair of snowflakes a little over a month ago. The female is a little over 1" and the male is about half her size. My wife an I plan on breeding them and purchasing another pair of clowns to breed as well. Thanks again for all the great information!

Archived