ReefCleaners.org

FishEye Aquaculture Updates!

FishEyeAquaculture

FishEyeAquaculture
Oh wow! You're going to have more space than you'll know what to do with.

With some new projects that are already in the works this will get filled up pretty quick, we're already discussing where we are going to put a second building (probably in a year, but with the good Lords favor, maybe sooner)!

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks wonderful, Jonathan! What a beautiful setting with those big trees! I wish you the best of luck with your expansion! Can't wait to hear what you have in the works and see more pictures!

FishEyeAquaculture

Thanks Eileen. We were actually going to place it more towards the driveway, but had to move it farther back due to the ground being more level. I like it better where it is now being cradeled and shaded by those big oaks.

FishEyeAquaculture

Here are some pictures of some of our broodstock that are normally not seen, because they're not so "rare," but it doesn't mean they're not beautiful!

DSC_0090_edited-2.jpg

DSC_0111_edited-2.jpg

This snowflake male came from Eileen!

DSC_0096_edited-2.jpg

FishEyeAquaculture
Hows the building going?

Coming along! The building is up, working on the garage door today. I will post some pictures once it is finished.

In other news here at the farm, we have a new species!!!! Let's play a guessing game! Can you guess what type of fish this larvae is? This photo was taken at 1dph. Three hints, approx. 24hr incubation period (pelagic spawner). Larvae are aprox. 2mm in length. And until just recently, this species has never been spawned AND raised in captivity.

DSC_0015.jpg

Sorry if the photo isn't very detailed....they're kinda small B)

FishEyeAquaculture

Alright, we decided to make this "guessing game" more interesting.

The first person to guess the correct species that we are now working with by 11:59pm EST on Monday, September, 12, will receive credit towards a single regular S'more Clownfish!!!! Just pay shipping, and we will send you a s'more!!! Guesses that have already been made are already entered.

Remember, you three hints are: approx. 24hr incubation period (pelagic spawner). Larvae are aprox. 2mm in length. And until just recently, this species has never been raised in captivity from a captive spawned event.

DSC_0015.jpg

Alright, we decided to make this "guessing game" more interesting.

The first person to guess the correct species that we are now working with by 11:59pm EST on Monday, September, 12, will receive credit towards a single regular S'more Clownfish!!!! Just pay shipping, and we will send you a s'more!!! Guesses that have already been made are already entered.

Remember, you three hints are: approx. 24hr incubation period (pelagic spawner). Larvae are aprox. 2mm in length. And until just recently, this species has never been raised in captivity from a captive spawned event.

DSC_0015.jpg

pygmy angelfishes

Builder Anthony

The only thing i dont like about the setups is the fish look like they have no life in them.I mean they have nothing to do but sit in a box for a very long time.Cant you add something to the breeder tanks at least for them to look at?Maybe even some plastic picture of coral so they at least have something to look at?

FishEyeAquaculture

REALLY???? Only five guesses? Just start throwing out some fish, use the hints to your advantage (search reefbuilders)!!!!!

filefish. oh wait you bred a puffer, porkfish, cave basslet, golden damsel, Liopropoma, or blue tang? Im pretty sure I just covered all the bases as far as reefbuilders is concern

FishEyeAquaculture
filefish. oh wait you bred a puffer, porkfish, cave basslet, golden damsel, Liopropoma, or blue tang? Im pretty sure I just covered all the bases as far as reefbuilders is concern
or pipefish. damn im awesome B)

You only get one guess!!!! Which one is your one?

Archived