SaltCritters.com

FishEye Aquaculture Updates!

FishEyeAquaculture

FishEyeAquaculture
Hello,

did u ever got my pm's?

Hi! I just responded, but I only got one. Did you send me more than one?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FishEyeAquaculture

We decided that we need to start having fun with some of the other designer clownfish...as expected, it's a lot of fun! B)

100_2112.jpg

100_2110.jpg

We decided that we need to start having fun with some of the other designer clownfish...as expected, it's a lot of fun! B)

100_2112.jpg

100_2110.jpg

platniums are awsome,,,, good luck with fry! heard alot of things about platniums and ww with their fry but hopefully me and you can prove them wrong!!!

• 2 weeks later...
FishEyeAquaculture

The previous pictures were some examples of the fun we are having with "designer" A. percula.

How about some "designer" ocellaris!!!! Caught them in the act this afternoon!!! B)

100_2159.jpg

Nice! Your male looks almost exactly like my "fancy white" ocellaris - I've got to find her a WW to pair up with someday.

FishEyeAquaculture
Nice! Your male looks almost exactly like my "fancy white" ocellaris - I've got to find her a WW to pair up with someday.

It is a "fancy white." I think they are so unique.

It is a "fancy white." I think they are so unique.

They are really pretty... the one we have is my wife's favorite out of all the fish I have.

FishEyeAquaculture

Look what showed up at my place today!!!! We were fortunate enough to get a hold of Lalani's breeding onyx pair. Super excited since this is one of the rare wild pairs who's offspring show onyx coloration early!!!! And some funky patterns too!!!

100_2170.jpg

Look what showed up at my place today!!!! We were fortunate enough to get a hold of Lalani's breeding onyx pair. Super excited since this is one of the rare wild pairs who's offspring show onyx coloration early!!!! And some funky patterns too!!!

100_2170.jpg

nice my old pair,,, she lays tons and tons of eggs!!!

100_2170.jpg

nice my old pair,,, she lays tons and tons of eggs!!!shes a monster, becareful if you try and sub her mate she will kill it!!!

LOVE your new additions! Have you started your new building yet? By the looks of it, you'll have it filled up with babies in no time! That's a great problem to have!!!

FishEyeAquaculture
LOVE your new additions! Have you started your new building yet? By the looks of it, you'll have it filled up with babies in no time! That's a great problem to have!!!

Permits were submitted on Aug. 10 for the new building. We really need the extra room, we've added another 600sq st to the design since we last spoke. I will post pictures once construction starts, it will become a very unique build thread.

Permits were submitted on Aug. 10 for the new building. We really need the extra room, we've added another 600sq st to the design since we last spoke. I will post pictures once construction starts, it will become a very unique build thread.

Is this going on your property? I'm really interested in what you do. I'm planning a "fish" building out here at my place as well.

FishEyeAquaculture
Is this going on your property? I'm really interested in what you do. I'm planning a "fish" building out here at my place as well.

Yes, we are building a hatchery here on our property. I am super excited about it!!!!!!

Yes, we are building a hatchery here on our property. I am super excited about it!!!!!!

That is awesome!!

Is it going to be bigger then the space you have now? Or are you just taking back your garage?

FishEyeAquaculture
That is awesome!!

Is it going to be bigger then the space you have now? Or are you just taking back your garage?

I am taking back my garage....well, my wife is. I told her I just want to put the boat in there, she can have the rest of the space. Plus, my boys are getting older and they have bikes, yard toys, etc. that really need to be put inside out of the weather.

My garage is 900sq ft, I am using maybe 600 of that. New building is going to be 30' x 70', 2100sq ft.

I am taking back my garage....well, my wife is. I told her I just want to put the boat in there, she can have the rest of the space. Plus, my boys are getting older and they have bikes, yard toys, etc. that really need to be put inside out of the weather.

My garage is 900sq ft, I am using maybe 600 of that. New building is going to be 30' x 70', 2100sq ft.

Nice - 30 X 70 is huge! I was looking at 30X40 and thought that was big. I'm just concerned that here where I live that once the summer hits I'm going to be paying a lot to cool the building. Just started collecting quotes for solar though - I'm looking at $84k with a $24k incentive. (two homes) But you could do a lot with a space like that. Are you going to branch in to coral or keep it all for breeding?

Alpha Aquaculture

Awesome! I want to see this in person one day. It sounds like its gonna be sweet! Your pairs are also looking very nice :)

FishEyeAquaculture
Awesome! I want to see this in person one day. It sounds like its gonna be sweet! Your pairs are also looking very nice :)

Thanks!! I went and collected the permits today, so we're legit!!! I also cut down a tree that is in the way and had a buddy come out and grind down the stump. Earth moving/leveling and concrete forms are on the agenda for this weekend. It feels so good to be moving forward with this!!!!

FishEyeAquaculture

Here is an update on the build. The foundation is in and the frames have been anchored in the concrete, next week the building should be complete. Then it is time for the "guts," insulation, electric, a/c-heat, water lines, air lines, etc.

Front of building at form stage:

DSC_0036.jpg

Back of building at form stage:

DSC_0038.jpg

Front with finished foundation and side frames. The distance between each post is 5':

100_2172.jpg

Archived