Innovative Marine Aquariums

FishEye Aquaculture Updates!

FishEyeAquaculture

FishEyeAquaculture
For the aquaculture permit does someone from FDACS actually have to come and inspect your facility before you can receive the permit? Is their a age requirement for the permit?

Yes, someone comes out and inspects the faciltiy. I have no idea about age requirements, a phone call could answer that question.

Very nice systems, you must have a big business . Is a business like this profitable or do you come out even? In your opinion and experiences please :D

Thank you! We keep food on the table and the bills paid. :) With that being said, this has also been aboout three years in the making and many, many sleepless nights planning in my head and on paper.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FishEyeAquaculture

Ok, I am done with the re-model Phase1. I changed the larvae rearing vessels from 10gal tanks to 25gal round tubs....super happy with the results, so much easier to clean, and a lot more surface area for O2 exchange.

Before:

CIMG0530.jpg

Now:

103_2023.jpg

103_2024.jpg

Note: The mangroves have nothing to do with "filtering" the water, they grow too slowly to have any effect. I am sure the caulerpa might have something to do with lowering of nitrates and/or phosphates, but in all honesty there are so many water changes on this system from cleaning it makes no difference. I grow them for the fun of it.

Amazing job, Jonathan! So professional looking! I like the way you have all of the tubs on one level at an easy to clean height. I'm hating that I put a second level on my growout. It's in the way of cleaning the lower level and too high for me to reach without a chair.

You mentioned Phase 1. I guess that means there will be a Phase 2...so what's next??

FishEyeAquaculture
You mentioned Phase 1. I guess that means there will be a Phase 2...so what's next??

Phase2 is possible phasing out the 250gal acrylic chamber system to the right in the first picture of the new larvae system. Any takers, ehhheemmm, Eileen...rrcg?

ericm1205

awesome. if its available in a year or so and i finally get a job in tampa, like i have been trying for months now. i would buy it! hehe

awesome tanks btw. making me change my ideas on my growout system and broodstock system as well.

how many juvi do you house in each 25 tub? i assume the little clear lines going into each tub is am airline. why do you need air ( if its an airline, if not ignore this question) since the return would supply fresh water. and what kind of air pump are you using since its PVC?

FLNanoReefer
Phase2 is possible phasing out the 250gal acrylic chamber system to the right in the first picture of the new larvae system. Any takers, ehhheemmm, Eileen...rrcg?

I would maybe take it. How much would you be asking?

FishEyeAquaculture
awesome tanks btw. making me change my ideas on my growout system and broodstock system as well.

how many juvi do you house in each 25 tub? i assume the little clear lines going into each tub is am airline. why do you need air ( if its an airline, if not ignore this question) since the return would supply fresh water. and what kind of air pump are you using since its PVC?

So far, it looks like I can raise 300-400 fry up to maybe 20dph, based from the GSM batches that have been in these tubs the longest, my next largest batch are some Darwins (maybe 200-250) that just hatched 3 nights ago...so far, so good on them as well.

Yes, the clear lines are air lines. The return is only turned on once the fry no longer need greenwater and rots, so for the first few days they need an airstone.

The air pump is a 1/8 hp regenerative blower, it is plumbed to every system, whether I use it there or not, just in case of an emergency (like hurricane knocking out power for days/weeks).

103_2025.jpg

By the way....coming soon B)

103_2026.jpg

d'Espresso

That is the smartest thing someone ever did that for power out knock out.

Those babies looking sweet! Any SS'more by any chance? and Any sideburn or helmets?

FLNanoReefer
So far, it looks like I can raise 300-400 fry up to maybe 20dph, based from the GSM batches that have been in these tubs the longest, my next largest batch are some Darwins (maybe 200-250) that just hatched 3 nights ago...so far, so good on them as well.

Yes, the clear lines are air lines. The return is only turned on once the fry no longer need greenwater and rots, so for the first few days they need an airstone.

The air pump is a 1/8 hp regenerative blower, it is plumbed to every system, whether I use it there or not, just in case of an emergency (like hurricane knocking out power for days/weeks).

103_2025.jpg

By the way....coming soon B)

103_2026.jpg

Those clowns look awesome!

FishEyeAquaculture
Very nice - So if I read that correctly you are hatching in the 25g BRTs?

Yes sir!

What are you going to be asking for it? MIGHT be able to make room for it in near future...must ask hubby first! PM me.

• 2 weeks later...
What are you going to be asking for it? MIGHT be able to make room for it in near future...must ask hubby first! PM me.

Got a full pic of it. Was just talking to advanced on building me one. This may be easier

Tuff stuff. You can get them at Tractor Supply.

do they have a rubbery fell to them. i think i checked them out at one time but wasnt sure about the rubber texture of them

FishEyeAquaculture
do they have a rubbery fell to them. i think i checked them out at one time but wasnt sure about the rubber texture of them

No, I know exactly what you are talking about. These feel more like a hard plastic. They keep them outside with all the metal troughs.

awesome idea on the brt, hyper. instead of tanks im gonna use a few of these as well. easier to take out and clean than a tank would. the better looking snowflakes and other cool pattern fish i will keep a few of them in a glass tank though.

• 1 month later...

Archived