Pod Your Reef

FishEye Aquaculture Updates!

FishEyeAquaculture

FishEyeAquaculture
i read this whole thread and congrats on them breeding. im trying to breed picassos got any tips on breeding them?

Patience...that is the biggest tip I can give you. Also, warming up the water seems to help getting things moving along.

how are the babies doing?? any for sale yet?

First, welcome to nano-reef.com! Second, glad you asked! The babies are doing great, a few are going to be released to my LFS (Fish and Other Ichthy Stuff in Oldsmar, FL). And when he can't take anymore I will most likely have them available on my website (which needs some re-doing). The first one I am releasing is actually being donated to the mentioned above LFS for a raffle which all proceeds will go to All Childrens Hospital in St. Pete, FL. I am happy and proud to do this as it is a great place for kids when they unfortunatly need it most (my son was treated there when he needed eye surgery).

As far as the babies go, a very large percentage have snowflake patterns, with most being semi-snowflakes. Their color is a very dark orange with a lot of black outlining at a young age. The baby below is around 4-5 months in age and has not, I repeat has not been fed any color enhancers! SO, just imagine how they are going to look once I start adding some cyclopeeze and Naturose to their diet! Fairly confident that none of them are going to be black snowflakes. But their orange will likely darken as they age.

CIMG0408.jpg

CIMG0416.jpg

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FishEyeAquaculture
Do you have babies for sale now or the next 2 weeks?

As I stated above,

The babies are doing great, a few are going to be released to my LFS (Fish and Other Ichthy Stuff in Oldsmar, FL). And when he can't take anymore I will most likely have them available on my website (which needs some re-doing).

Most likely not in the next 2 weeks....but soon!

reef keeper

Ok ill probrally shoot you a pm here soon because the female clownfish acting kinda funny and what do you think the price would be for a snowflake.

FishEyeAquaculture
Ok ill probrally shoot you a pm here soon because the female clownfish acting kinda funny and what do you think the price would be for a snowflake.

PM sent!

MarvinsReef
CIMG0408.jpg

CIMG0416.jpg

very nice... congrats on raising some nice clowns... maybe on the next batch, you'll get a surprise and get a much darker SnowFlakes, not black but really dark... ;)

FishEyeAquaculture
very nice... congrats on raising some nice clowns... maybe on the next batch, you'll get a surprise and get a much darker SnowFlakes, not black but really dark... ;)

That would be nice :D

its nice to see a local doing this and john is a great guy to deal with. one day i will have to get another pair of flakes. my tmc's decided to kill each other after being with each other 4 years

FishEyeAquaculture
its nice to see a local doing this and john is a great guy to deal with. one day i will have to get another pair of flakes. my tmc's decided to kill each other after being with each other 4 years

I've had pairs do that....it sucks!

FishEyeAquaculture
any updated pics

I'll post some when I get home, did you see the one on display at FAOIS that was for the charity raffle?

Nice thread..... Sweet looking fish!!!! would love to see a pix of your system that you created for this!!

I'll post some when I get home, did you see the one on display at FAOIS that was for the charity raffle?

i just seen the guy who won it post a pic up, looks realy cool

• 2 weeks later...
FishEyeAquaculture

Here is a pic of some of my S'mores (Black Ice). Look how different two weeks of color enhancing with cyclopeeze has done!

CIMG0491.jpg

cheryl jordan

Those like some high quality clownfish you have there.

The coloration is so bright and they look really healthy.

I saw your for sale thead and it is very tempting, thinking on it.

Again nice job, beautiful clownfish.

:D

Those clowns are awesome, you have done a great job. I saw the sales thread thats a very reasonable price. How old are the parents?

FishEyeAquaculture
Those like some high quality clownfish you have there.

The coloration is so bright and they look really healthy.

I saw your for sale thead and it is very tempting, thinking on it.

Again nice job, beautiful clownfish.

:D

Thank you!

Those clowns are awesome, you have done a great job. I saw the sales thread thats a very reasonable price. How old are the parents?

Female is now 5 years old and the male is 2 years old.

I agree... beautiful fish. DO you have any close ups? Can you see the ICE markings?

Thank you! I wish I had some close ups, but these guys are way too active for my camera skills or the quality of my camera :P

markandstaci

Those clownfish look great! Hey have you ever checked out Marine Warehouse? Or do you know of anywhere else that's better around Tampa?

FishEyeAquaculture
Those clownfish look great! Hey have you ever checked out Marine Warehouse? Or do you know of anywhere else that's better around Tampa?

Yes, I've been to Marine Warehouse many times. However, Fish and Other Ichthy Stuff in Oldsmar is the best LFS in the Tampa/Orlando/Space Coast area, IMO.

Archived