SaltCritters.com

SoCal's 20H EssPeeEss Reef

Arkayology

how are those "rescues" doing

my rescue colonies are doing well thank you :). Coloring up more and more each day. I will probably take them off the sand in a week or so.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how was the move? or did it not happen yet? I hate tank moves, and I hate moves that include tanks more.

The move went very well. Tank is going well, rock work looks better than it did before, nothing died, and I only broke small pieces of my orange digitata and ORA verde, which I have already sold to friends so no loss.

I will post some pics of the new scape when my internet is turned on (hopefully today fingerscrossed )

The tank after the move. Scape is a bit different and I like it a lot more than before

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

Got some new fruit loop zoas

These ess-pee-ess

They are all attached to the rock. and I can't just ship rock... O well. I was so looking forward to getting it out of my tank so I can focus on my aiptasia farming :P

you can chop them off. Ess-pee-ess

Hmm, seems really hard to do and I am sooooo lazy. I think will have to keep them in. They are like weeds ya know, they pop up everywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Woke up to find my nass snail eating the underside of my maxima clam, which was on the sand. It's mantle is pulled far into the shell, but the shell still open and closes if I try to move it, no reaction to light at all. I don't know if it will make it.

K cool, just wondering.....and more pix please :D

I'll post some more sooner or later. I have some nice growth shots I need to post up.

Clam is dead. Not sure why.

Sorry about the clam, but really like the look of the tank with all the sps in it. How heavily are you having to dose now?

hey stranger, how's things? To answer your question, I dose 2 tsp of alk powder and 1 tbs of Ca powder alternating every other day with a 4 gal water change every 2 weeks. It is getting to be a lot. I am having a lot of trouble keeping my alk and ph stable with all this SPS and dosing, but I manage.

We will see how the tank does dosing wise when I am in Peru and Germany for three months this summer.

Archived