SaltCritters.com

SoCal's 20H EssPeeEss Reef

Arkayology

I am also exited about the potential stocking choices that the added space creates. :D

yessir! that's what i was hyped up about when i upgraded. so much more fish i can keep in a 60g as opposed to my 10g. can't wait to see this going.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arkayology
yessir! that's what i was hyped up about when i upgraded. so much more fish i can keep in a 60g as opposed to my 10g. can't wait to see this going.

I agree with you totally. I will be looking into getting a leopard wrasse and maybe a tang or another type of wrasse for this tank. I also plan on doing a haddoni nem after the tank has matured.

I picked up a used 24'' acrylic sump yesterday and my tank should be here sometime between Wednesday and Saturday of next week. I'll post pics and make a build thread when I get the tank in.

I agree with you totally. I will be looking into getting a leopard wrasse and maybe a tang or another type of wrasse for this tank. I also plan on doing a haddoni nem after the tank has matured.

I picked up a used 24'' acrylic sump yesterday and my tank should be here sometime between Wednesday and Saturday of next week. I'll post pics and make a build thread when I get the tank in.

great minds brotha! i just picked up a scopas tang the other day and am looking for a pair of leopard wrasse

Arkayology
great minds brotha! i just picked up a scopas tang the other day and am looking for a pair of leopard wrasse

Which type of Leopard Wrasse are you looking to get? The red ones are really great looking imo.

• 2 weeks later...
squirrelieygrrrl

just checked out your last set of shots while i was gone. it looks great, love the way you have all the sps laid out on the top of the scape.

and now, off to check out the upgrade! :)

• 1 month later...
just checked out your last set of shots while i was gone. it looks great, love the way you have all the sps laid out on the top of the scape.

and now, off to check out the upgrade! :)

The GF says that nothing in the tank is dead, though the water is green and smelly. She will be doing a water change today or tomorrow. The tank only has to hold on for another 6 weeks. Over and out.

cruzH20polo
The GF says that nothing in the tank is dead, though the water is green and smelly. She will be doing a water change today or tomorrow. The tank only has to hold on for another 6 weeks. Over and out.

Well nothing dead is good ... green and smelly not so much

I don't know how, but I've got my GF keeping up on weekly water changes

Bet you can't wait to get back to set up that 60!

SouthFlorida_Tron
The GF says that nothing in the tank is dead, though the water is green and smelly.

This means :

Algae from not cleaning glass

Smelly from the smell of life inside saltwater

fingerscrossed

Bet you can't wait to get back to set up that 60!

You know it! I am trying to figure out how I am going to plumb it and scoping out prices for my rock, sand, and skimmer while I am out of the country. I think I will have it up with water in it in hopefully by the second week in October. I think the 40/40 package from marcorocks will be plenty for the 60. I think I am leaning towards a SWC 160 cone for the skimmer now.

This means :

Algae from not cleaning glass

Smelly from the smell of life inside saltwater

fingerscrossed

That is what I am hoping for! My ORA Purple Plasma is RTN'ing right now from what she just told me. Nothing new though as It was doing this before I left and I was too lazy to frag it lol. I just hope there is something left for me to save.

• 2 weeks later...

In Germany now. 4 weeks until I am back in the states, making for a total 14 weeks away from my tank.

I found out that my ORA Verde fell over on top of my clam and killed it from stress most likely. The GF was not happy about removing a dead clam.... She did a water change and nothing else seems to be dying or on the way out. A couple of my SPS are RTNing however, including the ORA Purple Plasma and Verde. I think my GARF bonsai is engulfed in Halmidea algae and I have little hope that it will survive. I will have to do some major cleaning when I get back. When the 60cube is set up I will have to do some major restocking of SPS.

Yea ... i just ordered new lights, cuz my GF knocked my T5's into the tank, killed the light system,

good thing I still had the 75w fishneedit MH to hold the tank over until the AI's get in on monday

ill be back tmo to work it ...

I was bummed, but what are you gonna do you know

im just really glad I had some form of back up, I almost sold that MH before I came out to MIT/WHOI for the summer... that would have been bad

Yea ... i just ordered new lights, cuz my GF knocked my T5's into the tank, killed the light system,

good thing I still had the 75w fishneedit MH to hold the tank over until the AI's get in on monday

ill be back tmo to work it ...

Wow...

We can't get too mad at the ladies. They take care of our #### the best that a person who goes not give a #$%& can. I will be buying her a lot of ice cream and stuff lol.

haha,

Im not mad ... its spilt milk (expensive milk mind you) but nothing was killed and i had a back up, I was expecting s*** to hit the fan, and in the big scheme of things, would rather lose that light than all my coral.

She did one hell of a job with the tank though, everything is 2x as big as when I left, all of my sps frags got BIG and everything looks great in the tank

Wow amazing tank! Are you going to be keeping it up along with the 60 cube?

Nope. Everything is being transferred and the 20h will be put on CL or in the dumpster. The light, heater, MP10es, and JBJ ATO will be moved over to the 60 as well. I will have the AquaC Remora skimmer and AC70 on NR for sale most likely as I will not need them with the new build.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived