Coral Vue Hydros

SoCal's 20H EssPeeEss Reef

Arkayology

So, im good to use all my old water, LR and sand, and just do a like a 20% WC in a week?

Also, should I make a thread and post pics of my progrees with this tank, starting tonight?

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, im good to use all my old water, LR and sand, and just do a like a 20% WC in a week?

Also, should I make a thread and post pics of my progrees with this tank, starting tonight?

It's up to you man. Most people like to see tanks develop. If you have the time and want to show off your tank, go for it. Hope the transfer went well.

DAAAAAAAM........

Tank is way sick! The light shows off the coral in a way Ive never seen in person. That 4 bulb T5 is sick on this 20L. Things are open allready that have never been open at night. Clownfish is a little depressed, but he loves his nems, so he will be psyched when he sees how open the nems are. I hope things are as good as they look, and tomorrow I do tsts on my params. Salinity was perfectamundo when I checked at end of switch, but I dint bother testing anything else yet.

BTW, if your up right now and reply to this pretty quick, Ill go snag the cam and get some pics for ya tonight rather then tomorow. B)

Got a new colony of an unknown ORA coral. I know it is ORA because it has the black frag plug, I just can't figure out what it is? Maybe when it colors up I will be able to determine. I am thinking it is a "ORA Verde". Either way, I got a lot of coral for not a lot of money. Anyone got any ideas? (obviously it is not happy in this picture as it had only been in my tank for 20min).

IMG_0062.jpg

could it be a joe? or etheral? idk my ORA lol...nice clams! i noticed your clown is like mine, lonely :( wheres its mate?

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I haven't updated in awhile. Everything survived my being gone for three weeks during the holidays. i got back to Ca with my fish very hungry, but alright. No coral deaths other then the setosa which I light shocked to death :(

I will take a few pics of SPS growth and colors later today.

Nice! I like how the halimada looks!! And that top down shot of the clam is an eye catcher for sure! Is that a possum wrasse?

yup

The money plant is money and I love your fish. That's such a cool wrasse!

thanks!

That last Acro with the green polyps is sick, whats it called?

That is a frag of GARF bonsai. It is starting to show some growth at the top. The pic is not the greatest, as the true color is a darker purple than the pic shows, but you get the idea.

Perfect example of a "Mixed Reef"

Very nice

thanks!

gah 3 weeks and nothign happened!?!?

SO JEALOUS OF THE WRASSE :(

I lost a turbo snail to my electric blue hermit. First snail death to a hermit crab I've had. I guess they got hungry.

You could be jealous of the wrasse :)

Love the garf, looking good man. How does the MH compare to the previous setup?

More variety of colors in SPS, better coloration overall, better growth. I really like the MH.

boosted chemist
More variety of colors in SPS, better coloration overall, better growth. I really like the MH.

any bleaching of lps? I would liek to go MH, but im scared my lps will all fry

Your tank seems to be doing well. Like the wrasse too. That unknown ORA coral kind of looks like the ORA delicate stag they have. I don't think it's verde. I have the verde in my shallow tank you can look at for a comparison. The verde have a darker smoother body with a whiter or purple tint to the tips.

any bleaching of lps? I would liek to go MH, but im scared my lps will all fry

I had to get rid of my acans. They did not like the MH too much, even on the sand. The trachy brain seems to be ok, but could be better. I may get rid of that too eventually.

Your tank seems to be doing well. Like the wrasse too. That unknown ORA coral kind of looks like the ORA delicate stag they have. I don't think it's verde. I have the verde in my shallow tank you can look at for a comparison. The verde have a darker smoother body with a whiter or purple tint to the tips.

I have been having a heck of a time trying to figure out what this coral is. I know it is an ORA as it has the black plug. The body varies from light to dark purple with light neon green polyps. Verde was the best I could come up with, but I will have to keep hunting around I think. I need someone with a proper camera to take pics of my tank so y'all can see the true colors. Maybe I can use my GF's camera sometime, though I need to find a way to deal with the white balance as well.

I had to get rid of my acans :( . They did not like the MH too much, even on the sand. The trachy brain seems to be ok, but could be better. I may get rid of that too eventually.

I have been having a heck of a time trying to figure out what this coral is. I know it is an ORA as it has the black plug. The body varies from light to dark purple with light neon green polyps. Verde was the best I could come up with, but I will have to keep hunting around I think. I need someone with a proper camera to take pics of my tank so y'all can see the true colors. Maybe I can use my GF's camera sometime, though I need to find a way to deal with the white balance as well.

boosted chemist
I had to get rid of my acans. They did not like the MH too much, even on the sand. The trachy brain seems to be ok, but could be better. I may get rid of that too eventually.

get rid of my acans? Are you crazy dude? They happen to be my favorites lol.

get rid of my acans? Are you crazy dude? They happen to be my favorites lol.

I know what you mean. Maybe the 250w MH is too much for the LPS. I bet 150w would be better, but I wanted the 250w so I can still use it when I upgrade.

boosted chemist
I know what you mean. Maybe the 250w MH is too much for the LPS. I bet 150w would be better, but I wanted the 250w so I can still use it when I upgrade.

Thats why i love (hate) this hobby, always looking down the road for that larger tank.

Hey SoCal - tank is looking great! That new light seems to be doing good for your corals.

Thanks Latte. How's your tank doing?

Thats why i love (hate) this hobby, always looking down the road for that larger tank.

The bane of our existence... there's always a bigger tank to upgrade too

wow this tank is so nice, i want to turn my 10g into a 20 high but dont know where to begin

thanks. There is plenty of reading for you to do on this site to figure out how to go about setting up a tank. Do some reading and ask questions.

I have purchased some Seachem Reef Plus in an attempt to get some more trace elements and vitamins into my system that may be used up quicker than my 4g per week WC will replenish. I am hoping to get better SPS growth and color as well as more coraline growth on my rocks (the stuff loves to grow on my glass, but is very slow to grow on the rock work). I will let y'all know what I think of the product as it has time to work itself into the routine.

Archived