Top Shelf Aquatics

SoCal's 20H EssPeeEss Reef

Arkayology

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Billdemart and Byrdman! I like how this is coming along also.

Looking Good there. What is that snail doing in your birdsnest? It's a birdsnest right?

That is my Electric Blue hermit. Him and the Emerald Crab like to hang out in the branching corals once in awhile. Not really sure why, but they don't harm it so no biggy.

Thanks for the comments guys!

@tangov- No, I don't have a skimmer atm. I am thinking about getting a Tunze 9002 and stuffing it in the AC70. I am just unsure of how it will fit.

@Lex- NP man, you will have a rockin tank soon enough. We gotta show up these 20L guys ;)

P.S.- Gotta thank Violinist for another awesome sig! If you ever come to California Violinist, I am buying you a beer.

new sig - nice!

Thanks Latte, Violinist did a good job on it.

I love that the Candy Hog is in it. It is a completely awesome fish and I cannot say enough good things about it lol. I love it. It zooms around in and out of the rocks and all over the tank looking for pods and doesn't bother anything. Too bad they are sort of rare because they are model citizens.

@tangov- No, I don't have a skimmer atm. I am thinking about getting a Tunze 9002 and stuffing it in the AC70. I am just unsure of how it will fit.

The 9002 is pretty cool. I just put it on my tank. The small size suprised me.

That signature is something else

I'm digging your light setup.. is it still the same as listed in the OP? No white/day lights eh? How's that working out? The color it produces looks great :)

I'm digging your light setup.. is it still the same as listed in the OP? No white/day lights eh? How's that working out? The color it produces looks great :)

Ya, I am ok with the light setup but next time around I will most likely replace the fiji purple with a daylight bulb or do 2 aquablue specials and 2 blue+. I feel the purple washes out everything. The color is ok though.

@Cruz- The toadstool likes to move its top around from one position to another but it is getting so much more flow now with the second k1 that I added. The nems are doing ok. The small bleached one is coloring up more and more every week and I have discovered that it is a GBTA with rose tips. the Larger GBTA is ok but is mostly hanging out in the back of the tank doing its thing. I might move the rock it is on to get it up front sooner or later as I am tired of it being in the back. It is really hard to feed back there.

I almost considered getting a THIRD BTA this week. A friend was selling a 3'' RBTA for 30 bucks but I didn't have time to go get it. I still might get it if he has it next weekend lol.

@Oats- How does that tunze 9002 work out for you? Also, does it just magnet onto the side of the tank? Where does the water go in and out? All of the pictures online are not really specific. I hear it is a really top notch skimmer and makes little noise and is good up to 50g which would be nice when I want to upgrade to a 30-40g in the future.

A third nem would be cool dude. Doooo it!

I think that most people would be in an outrage with my having 3 BTA in a 20H lol. Isn't there some kind of rule about nems and tank size?

I just might though... then I would have three types of BTA which would make me happy. One day I will emulate one of the all nem tanks that I have seen.

@Oats- How does that tunze 9002 work out for you? Also, does it just magnet onto the side of the tank? Where does the water go in and out? All of the pictures online are not really specific. I hear it is a really top notch skimmer and makes little noise and is good up to 50g which would be nice when I want to upgrade to a 30-40g in the future.

The tunze is working great. There is a magnet to hold it yes, but I don't use it because the recommended water line is 8" or so up onto the black box part of the skimmer. I had to set it on the bottom of my sump and add a couple inches of water. The water enters and exits (I believe) through some slits cut into the base. The only drawback I see is that it is made of cheaper plastic, but hey I'm not going to be throwing it around the room or anything.

The nem police, eh? F 'em.

lol

I might get the RBTA but that would pretty much be it for stocking for me except for a few zoas and maybe a couple for acans and/or rics. I did sorta want to get a ton of SPS on the left side of the tank (I have secretly or not so secretly been buying SPS frags in the last month).

We shall see, but now I have a monster of a paper due on Tuesday and need to finish it and smoke a cig to try and calm down lol. Can you believe I set up the tank to relieve stress in my life? LOL

and you guys are right... we do not need any nem police.

I got bored from writing this paper so I made a couple of frags from my toadstool leather. I guess we shall see how well I did in a couple of days.

It's tuesday - your cig is smoked, your paper is written. Where's the pics of these secret sps frags??

The tank looks ugly right now though. I am trying to get the smaller nem off of a rock so the rockwork is all messed up. I guess I can get a pick of the new birdsnest though.

Archived