SoCal's 20H EssPeeEss Reef

Arkayology

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Things are looking good, especially this^^^^^^^^^^^

Those zoas are pretty sweet

and clam looks... well happy as a clam

Ya, the clam is happy. I was worried because when I woke up Wednesday morning, the clam was laying on the sand with its FOOT LAYING RIGHT NEXT TO IT. I grabbed the clam really quickly and put it back on the rock. I came back from class and it was attaching nicely, its mantle was fully out and it still reacts to light/shadows. Crisis averted I guess. I still don't know what happened to it, but seeing your clams foot laying in the sand is not a good way to start the morning...

I have a lot of these stories.. *cough* nem on side of clam *cough* It is all fun and games lol

Hey how long did you wait before adding your first nem?

About 2.5 months I think. It was a little soon, but my tank was matured by that point. You getting the itch? :)

Eh, sort of the itch mainly just wondering. The guy at the frag swap last weekend had some really wicked looking nems, so I'm going to have to read up and get a feel for what the options are. Also how many I can support in the hex.

It was a big weekend for corals. Got some Acan Lordz last night, traded my Maroon clown for an orange ric and some red deepwater zoas and bought a frag of Purple Nana and Orange Digi.

DSCN0943.jpg

Acan Lordz

DSCN0946.jpg

Purple Nana

DSCN0947.jpg

Orange Digi (a lot more orange in RL)

DSCN0948.jpg

Orange Ric, a little bleached but will come back strong

DSCN0951.jpg

and of course... the FTS.

I hope everyone else is having as good a weekend as I am!

Those digi's are cool aren't they? Is the nana an acro?

I like the digi a lot. The nana is an acro ya. Got the both for a really good price from a friend.

Wow - great additions... I am loving the progression. You have some great zoa colors in the tank and the digi is sweet!

I still see the one nem - do you still have both in there?

Wow - great additions... I am loving the progression. You have some great zoa colors in the tank and the digi is sweet!

I still see the one nem - do you still have both in there?

Thanks! I really wanted to get some SPS going on in here. I am looking for a nice piece of birdsnest, a couple more rics and of course, more acans hehe.

The larger GBTA is hiding atm but seems to be coming out little by little. I will post some pics on where he ends up.

Looking really good. I really like the clam nestled in the bed of zoas. Might have to copy that at a future date. Are those particular zoas the hitchhikers that came on your rock?

Looking really good. I really like the clam nestled in the bed of zoas. Might have to copy that at a future date. Are those particular zoas the hitchhikers that came on your rock?

Ya, I think they are called "Galaxy People Eaters" a la zoaid.com. Not too bad huh?

Thanks for the links Violinist

The first link is really good.

Ya, nems are defiantly one of the most challenging things to keep in a tank. I think that mine are doing ok now that they are adjusting. When one splits, we can see about shipping a clone to you? :)

Send it, man. Stable chemistry I'm not worried about. Weekly 5g water change and there's no corals dragging on any elements.

Still got this goddamn green algae showing up though, so I'm guessing there is still a phosphate issue (even though it keeps testing 0). How long can that possibly last tho.

Im LOVING your FTS! /drool

Everyones tanks look soooo good LOL!

Yours will look awesome in time. Future TOTM is you. :)

I am having an algae issue as well Violin. This GHA came out of nowhere and is starting to get big. I am not sure what to do about it. I can't really take the rock out as my nems are attached to it.

I need to get my own RO/DI maker so I can do proper wc I think. 3 gallons every 10 or 12 days is not cutting it I guess. But my clam loves it!

Sorry to hear about the fish :(

Love the additions to the tank though. It's looking really good.

Thanks. I think this weekend I am going to pick up a 6line wrasse or a juvi Occ. to make me feel better.

Archived