SaltCritters.com

SoCal's 20H EssPeeEss Reef

Arkayology

Got another K1 today so now I have two K1s in this baby. This should be the perfect amount of flow.

LFS will be getting in a shipment later this week and I was promised a small 6line :happydance: I am also thinking about getting another Occ. clown and maybe a chalk bass? Thoughts?

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pics or it didn't happen, Flowmaster Socal.

I don't know if "Flowmaster" is something I want to me known as lol.

I will post some picks on Thur or Fri when I get some new livestock. Other then a tiny bit of growth, there is nothing to see here. :)

Besides, you didn't weigh in on the stocking choices I am considering. I am for sure getting a 6line and a Occ clown, but what about a chalk bass as a 4th option to complete the set? Not many have those from what I have seen.

Well I was for the 6-line since way back. Bass sounds cool.

Thought you already had a couple clowns tho?

I sold my Occ. clown because he was a fatty (too big) and my maroon because he was beating up the firefish... which ended up dying anyways. I am left with the goby as the only fish.

Since you asked...I think you should pass on the clown. Every tank has a clown in it. I bet you could find something more unique. Or do you just want one to host your nems?

Get a 6 line, I'd like to see one thrive in a 20 so I can at least rule out tank size...

hmmmm... seems posts get lost quick :)

The bass would be cool - look for some other things that people don't have... Pygmy Flame Angel, Coral Beauty... Who knows, there's gotta be something unique out there.

Since you asked...I think you should pass on the clown. Every tank has a clown in it. I bet you could find something more unique. Or do you just want one to host your nems?

I think I would like to try to get a clown hosting the nems. I am not sure about what would be more unique that would be ok in my tank. I did see a Yellow Candy Hogfish at my LFS which after researching, my be a good candidate for something on the more unique side. I think it would be alright in the tank with a 6line and a goby. May not get the clown though if I get the hogfish, we shall see if it is still there on Thursday or Friday.

@Latte - I am thinking that the bass might be a cool addition. I am not sure why more people do not have them. They are fairly colorful and are out in the open a lot.

I used to love the sixline I had in my NC24 and 72 bowfront.....great personality.....

Until he killed every single higher form of life in the tank....

(But some people seem to be able to keep them without issues).

I agree about the clown and the nem. I know everyone has them, but there is just something cool about symbiotic relationships in our tanks.....

I was just flipping through liveaquaria because you got me thinking about fish. It said they will eat small shrimp but that was it.

edit: I was looking at the flame hawkfish specifically.

I was just flipping through liveaquaria because you got me thinking about fish. It said they will eat small shrimp but that was it.

edit: I was looking at the flame hawkfish specifically.

I think those longnose hawkfish are pretty cool. I might wait on one of these until I get my 30-40 gallon in a year or so.

I am really considering getting a 6line and the Candy Hog though. I just wonder if they will have enough room as too not beat on each other. They are both fairly active, so I am not sure.

I vote for skipping the six line and hogfish and getting two or three chalk basslets!

Too late Oats! Picked this guy up this afternoon!

DSCN0957.jpg

Woooooooooooooooooooooo!

Did you get any corals? I find it hard to believe you made it out of the lfs with only one purchase... :)

Hah, you got me. I picked up a red leg and dwarf zebra hermits as well. They has an AWESOME yellow and purple birdsnest there for 35 bucks. This thing was a fully branched out piece, must have been 5 inches tall and wide. I really wanted it... but it will be there next time right? lol

Haha! That's a really pretty fish btw.

I plan on getting a 6line still. My LFS didn't get any in because their supplier had a bad batch I guess. I also may be getting a small True perc from a friend soon. It is looking like these will be my 4 fish for this tank, counting the gobie I already have.

New fish is in hiding now. I can't find it and cannot hope to find it. This kind of fish seems to like to wrap itself around things to sleep or wedge itself into something to sleep/hide. It is not on the floor (good thing I have a cover nowadays) so we will see how long it takes for it to adjust.

May be getting a True Perc today :D

Edit: Found him peeking out of a hole in the rock. Alive and well so far.

I plan on getting a 6line still. My LFS didn't get any in because their supplier had a bad batch I guess. I also may be getting a small True perc from a friend soon. It is looking like these will be my 4 fish for this tank, counting the gobie I already have.

I don't know if you saw mine, got him the other day. My LFS had a ton, I got the smallest one. He is awesome.

287.jpg

I still want to add a perc and a YWG too. I know I should have added the 6 line last.

I don't know if you saw mine, got him the other day. My LFS had a ton, I got the smallest one. He is awesome.

287.jpg

I still want to add a perc and a YWG too. I know I should have added the 6 line last.

You should be ok. I will get mine eventually. Grats on the awesome looking fish btw.

You should be ok. I will get mine eventually. Grats on the awesome looking fish btw.

Thanks. I'll try to take some more pics of him soon. I really need a new camera. This old Canon Powershot is garbage.

Archived