Cultivated Reef

SoCal's 20H EssPeeEss Reef

Arkayology

Nice bottlebrush. Hurrah for more acans!

My turbo keeps knocking one of the bottlebrushes over and it is driving me crazy! Also, you can never have too many acans. My goal is to get the face of that large rock in the middle full of them.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cool macros and some pretty sweet acans...

I'm wondering what kind of light they need, I got one in a trade and I have it getting direct light from my MH about midway down the tank... too much?

cool macros and some pretty sweet acans...

I'm wondering what kind of light they need, I got one in a trade and I have it getting direct light from my MH about midway down the tank... too much?

I am not sure about the light as I have only had mine for 2 days, but it should be ok there or lower. How do you have it placed in your tank so that it is midway down? I think it should be in the sand, but I could be wrong.

haha

I just got a new acan too!!!

yours new one is pretty sweet

Thanks! I can't seem to get enough of them.

Here is a large photo update for y'all. I have had some really nice growth with my Tubb's Blues and AOG zoas. All my SPS is showing some signs of growth as well.

DSCN0997.jpg

Nem shot

DSCN0998.jpg

Nem with clown

DSCN1003.jpg

Toadstool

DSCN1001.jpg

Acan Lordz

DSCN1002.jpg

Tubb's Blues, I easily have 30 heads now.

DSCN1008.jpg

SPS shot

DSCN0999.jpg

Clam

DSCN1007.jpg

Superman shroom with babeh

DSCN0994-1.jpg

Electric Blue Hermit (my fav hermit of course)

Ya, I love my acans. I seem to get a new acan head off of the big one every week. Everything is healthy and growing.

OClownsandNanos

Sweet toadstool, love the acans and the hogfish. And really like your superman shrooms - someday I'm gonna pull the trigger on those bad boys.

Those zoas are out of control, too cool.

When you fragging them? ;)

I may frag them in a month or so. Everyone in Santa Barbara has them so I have nobody to frag them for lol. I could frag you some Armor of Gods and Tubbs Blues soon if you are interested. They grow like crazy! Just let me know man.

@ OClownsandNanos- The hogfish is easily my favorite fish in the tank. It is peaceful and all around awesome. I love those Superman shrooms too. I can't wait until they take over that rock as they are something I do not mind if they overrun everything lol. Thanks for the compliments :)

LebaneseDlight
Sweet toadstool, love the acans and the hogfish. And really like your superman shrooms - someday I'm gonna pull the trigger on those bad boys.

+1, sweet Acans! I have a small sarcophyton frag cant wait for it to grow out like yours! Damn, feed those acans LOL! They are about to grab me with their feeders :)

Scared of the supermans though! I have a few that just "popped up" - I have 4 all around my tank. Damn spawning mushies?! I'm scared I'm going to have to pull a Calvin415 and break down my tank some day to get them outta there.

+1, sweet Acans! I have a small sarcophyton frag cant wait for it to grow out like yours! Damn, feed those acans LOL! They are about to grab me with their feeders :)

Scared of the supermans though! I have a few that just "popped up" - I have 4 all around my tank. Damn spawning mushies?! I'm scared I'm going to have to pull a Calvin415 and break down my tank some day to get them outta there.

Why would you want them out? They are some of the coolest shrooms around.

Ok, so long story short... I am going back to Milwaukee for Spring Break. I missed my flight in LA and therefore have to detour to Atlanta and wait two hours and then fly to Chicago and get picked up at Midway instead of a direct flight to MKE. At least I get in-flight internet right? No updates for a week or so.

Great new pieces. I want Tubbs dangit.

Too bad I didn't know I was going to detour in Atlanta for a couple of hours. I could have brought you a frag lol.

If anyone wants frags, we could work something out. I have a mini colony of Tubbs Blues here. More to come on this later. I'll post about it when I am making some frags :)

Haha I wish. I wouldn't have anywhere to put some frags, even though I could drop 100 bucks there.

Spend 75, stash them in my tank, then use the other 25 to pay for the fedex back to your cali place.

Spend 75, stash them in my tank, then use the other 25 to pay for the fedex back to your cali place.

Hmm, I wish I had a car down in Chicago or a way to get around lol. But I will be getting there at 11pm and then leaving for Milwaukee right away. No dice :(

However, I have some plans to go to a LFS outside of Santa Barbara when I get back to check out about getting some acans or more SPS.

I am really wanting to get a piece of Echinata acro, a couple more acans, a couple more rics and and maybe.... a blasto or fungia and I am stocked to the brim.

I also want a interesting invert. I am thinking a porcelain crab? Harlequins are maybes, but they really don't move a lot do they? Not active? I need ideas on how to complete this setup. Done with fish btw.

I've got two porcelains and a pom pom. You could just stick a 50 dollar bill in between some rocks and get the same level of enjoyment out of the situation. They never come out (mine don't at any rate).

Harlequin's don't move much, no. Hit the tank with your flashlight after lights out and you might see it walking around looking for food, but that's really about it. I liked my peppermint shrimp, and I would see it fairly often. But he's been awol for about a week so I assume he became dinner.

Feather duster/coco worms are cool looking I think.

I've got two porcelains and a pom pom. You could just stick a 50 dollar bill in between some rocks and get the same level of enjoyment out of the situation. They never come out (mine don't at any rate).

Harlequin's don't move much, no. Hit the tank with your flashlight after lights out and you might see it walking around looking for food, but that's really about it. I liked my peppermint shrimp, and I would see it fairly often. But he's been awol for about a week so I assume he became dinner.

Feather duster/coco worms are cool looking I think.

Ya, I am sorta pissed at shrimp atm. My cleaner may end up in the frying pan if he keeps messing with my nems. He was picking at the larger GBTA and caused it to spit out a piece of half-digested silverside. Though, it also could have been because I gave it a really large piece. Who knows?

Feather duster is something I haven't though of before.

Archived