Top Shelf Aquatics

SoCal's 20H EssPeeEss Reef

Arkayology

Looking good love the goby shot and the ric.

Thanks dude! I'm excited for the ric as well. I should have gotten them during the group buy though as I live like 10 min from SBceas, o well.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my Eshopps works really well for my 20H.

I have the hang-on back PSK75-H

Do you feel like the tube going down into the tank is obstructive?

Do you feel like the tube going down into the tank is obstructive?

No, It doesn't bother me.

The first post on my tank thread below has a fairly current FTS. I am running a AC70 fuge and the eshopps skimmer and they work out to have their equally sized downtubes in opposite extreme corners of the tank. Check it out.

CleveDawgPound
I will be using the Aquatic Life Mini Skimmer 115. I'll let you know how it works.

I also have a 20H and I am considering using the same skimmer. The only thing that concerns me is micro-bubbles. I have heard there are quite a few with this skimmer.

I also have a 20H and I am considering using the same skimmer. The only thing that concerns me is micro-bubbles. I have heard there are quite a few with this skimmer.

FYI, this is a problem that you are probably not going to get away from with all hang-on back style skimmers as well....

!!!!Go BROWNIES!!!!

I am leaning towards the aquac remora still because of the way the water enters back into the tank. I think there is less room for microbubbles because of the waterfall thing.

I am trying to work out a deal with a local atm for a aquac remora. Also, new acropora later today. I'll update later when I get it.

edit: I just found my new electric blue hermit crab's shell without it inside. I am not having luck with hermits lately. :(

boosted chemist

Nice tank man, i feel you on the grad student crap. Im getting my phd in organic chem/polymers work 70 hours a week to live the "dream"

Nice tank man, i feel you on the grad student crap. Im getting my phd in organic chem/polymers work 70 hours a week to live the "dream"

I know the feeling. I am in the archaeology dept. and spend my 60-70 hour work week in the lab working on my samples and reading for sem. Ya, I was just told today that I am taking three graduate seminars this quarter.

The tank will suffer :( They say it is worth it, eventually.

Here's the new acro, Purple Haze! It was just put in so it's polyps arn't out yet but it should be varying dark and light purple with green polyps.

DSCN1033.jpg

I just ordered an AquaC Remora with a MJ1200. I am excited to get it!

Wooo!

To silence it, take the collection cup out and look inside. On the left you'll see the intake pipe. Take a piece of folded up wet paper towel and jam it over/around that pipe to seal off that chamber. Voila, no more noise.

Wooo!

To silence it, take the collection cup out and look inside. On the left you'll see the intake pipe. Take a piece of folded up wet paper towel and jam it over/around that pipe to seal off that chamber. Voila, no more noise.

Thanks for the tip. Since I don't have an ATO, I didn't go with the surface skimmer. I will have to have the ugly pump in my tank, but if it helps keep the algae down, it will be worth it.

The box is nice to have, but not required for muffling it. Trust me it's loud as hell till the paper towel gets jammed in, then it's very quiet.

The skimmer will not get here until the 8th!?! What! I hate waiting for new toys...

:angry: I hate it too! (Waiting for my stuff too)

The box is nice to have, but not required for muffling it. Trust me it's loud as hell till the paper towel gets jammed in, then it's very quiet.

Could I just put some superglue in this hole? I can't visualize it some I am not sure, but paper towel doesn't seem very permanent.

and Oats, what did you order? Is it more or less fun then a brand new skimmer?

can't wait to hear your thoughts... V has been saying this one is not very noisy, and I am close to pulling the trigger. I hear ya on the pump in the tank - not sure if I like that ideal either but the skimmer box could potenitally hide it well enough. Do you lose that much water in a day that it drops more than 1/2 inch?

can't wait to hear your thoughts... V has been saying this one is not very noisy, and I am close to pulling the trigger. I hear ya on the pump in the tank - not sure if I like that ideal either but the skimmer box could potenitally hide it well enough. Do you lose that much water in a day that it drops more than 1/2 inch?

Probably not, but I just remember V saying he was having trouble with his because of evap. I maybe have 1/8th of an inch evap a day, sometimes more. I might get a skimmer box sooner or later depending on how much I like the skimmer, which should be a lot. I was also considering getting a tunze 9002, but I didn't want the thing sitting in my tank so I decided against it.

Archived