Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SoCal's 20H EssPeeEss Reef

Arkayology

also picked up a piece of Idaho Grape Monti and Pearlberry from a buddy of mine. Pics will come later when I leave the lab.

Blast that idaho grape with lots of light, it'll turn prettier that way.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys. Things are kinda crazy right now with friends visiting and paper deadlines on Monday, but I will try and get some good pics up in the next day or two.

Keep up the praise, it makes me feel like I am doing this right lol.

Here are the new pics as promised. Very photo heavy so it should keep you picture vultures at bay for awhile lol.

DSCN0960.jpg

FTS

DSCN0964.jpg

Left

DSCN0963.jpg

Right

DSCN0961.jpg

Pearlberry Acro. Polyps are not fully extended yet

DSCN0966.jpg

Suntail Goby

DSCN0970.jpg

New True Perc

DSCN0969.jpg

GBTA looking healthy after eating a third of a silverside... but hiding in the back :angry:

So he moved just a few inches into the blast zone like I was saying last night, and he's still in that spot. You've seen this marco rock with the zillion holes in it, he put his foot way down in a hole so I guess it's a pretty comfortable anchor spot for it. The tentacles are blowing around more than I would have thought it would like, but hey whatever. At least it's in a spot I can easily view it.

Still no dice with the clowns. I had a nem very briefly in that 8g BC I had as my first tank and these same clowns never paid any attention to it. Still hoping.

LebaneseDlight

Nice perc! I'm assuming it's WC? I like the little white nem :) It is real close to the frogspawn though! would make me skirred ;)

Edit: looks like the nems moved away from the frogspawn?

BTW, was your ORA Pearlberry on a black plastic ORA plug? Looks way different than my frag in the photo - much lighter.

Nice perc! I'm assuming it's WC? I like the little white nem :) It is real close to the frogspawn though! would make me skirred ;)

Edit: looks like the nems moved away from the frogspawn?

BTW, was your ORA Pearlberry on a black plastic ORA plug? Looks way different than my frag in the photo - much lighter.

Thanks! The little perc is nice, but I got him from a local and am not sure if he is tank raised or WC, though I would assume wild caught.

Ya, the nems have moved away from the frogspawn and hammer for now.

As for the pearlberry, I got it from a friend as a frag. I think it hasn't gotten used to my tank yet though so the colors and whatnot might be off, not to mention my lighting tends to change the colors of things when they are on.

nice additions!!!

that toadstool is looking sweet

Thanks man!

I think I may be attempting some fragging with that toadstool in the next month or so. It is getting big.

This is looking great - I love your coral choice and placement... Do you have them all mounted to the rock? Curious if the nem knocks things off.

Rockin!

This is looking great - I love your coral choice and placement... Do you have them all mounted to the rock? Curious if the nem knocks things off.

Rockin!

Thanks dude! Your corals are nicer then mine though. Some of them are mounted directly on the rock but most are on frag plugs and then superglued to the rock. The nems have never knocked anything around. If they are moving around, then seem to be very mindful of their surroundings.

I have been trying to get a good pic of the new Yellow Candy Hog. It is an AWESOME fish. It moves around like a 6line pod hunting and really doesn't bother anything in the tank. IME so far... there is not reason not to have one of these guys other then I hear that are slightly rare? I will try to get a pic or two of this guy when he stops running from the camera.

All caught up on sigs, get the hog pic!

I'm trying! It is still really skiddish. I have gotten it to nibble at pallets and mysis so that is a good sign.

I got a new piece of LR and a very nice birdsnest from the LFS today. I am currently trying to "negotiate" my small nem off of the rock that I am removing. We shall see how this goes.

Pics tonight if I get the nem to move or tomorrow.

thats a very nice tank you've got. just skimmed thru the thread, very awesome progression and i'ma kinda jealous of the sweet clam :D

how are you liking those acans?

I'm loving them. They have colored up a little bit more in my tank. I must have more!!

thats a very nice tank you've got. just skimmed thru the thread, very awesome progression and i'ma kinda jealous of the sweet clam :D

Ya, the clam is pretty awesome. I wouldn't mind getting a maxima in the future.

And Oats... don't tempt me lol. I just over spent my reef fund this week and cannot really buy anything for 2 weeks in good conscience hehe.

But maybe when you get some frags going we can talk :)

So the tank is not the way I want it atm, but when I got home I looked at the tank and am really happy with all the growth and placement of the corals for now. I thought I would share it as everything is open and looking happy. In this hobby, I will take it when I can get it lol.

DSCN0979.jpg

FTS

DSCN0982.jpg

Left

DSCN0981.jpg

Right

DSCN0983.jpg

New Hogfish with Goby in the background

Archived