Cultivated Reef

SoCal's 20H EssPeeEss Reef

Arkayology

Love that Acan pic! Very nice! Everything looks awesome! Have an updated FTS?

I will get an updated FTS when I get back from vacation. This is my first time away from the tank like this and I am constantly worrying that it will crash lol. I have a friend that is going to feed them and let me know if things go sour. Keep your fingers crossed for me. fingerscrossed

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will do! I'm sure everything will be alright. So spring break? ;) Haha me to man, no tank yet though so no worry's for me!

Heh, once you get your tank up you will know the fear of coming home from vacation to a dead tank.

You back at school now?

I am currently on the plane between Milwaukee and LA. I am looking forward to seeing if there is any growth in the tank and maybe getting some new corals. We shall see.

BTW, I am really looking forward to seeing what you get in terms of a new tank. It should be good knowing you.

The tank is fine. No losses!

@ Latte- Sure man. PM me and we can talk about it.

you got luckier than me, I left for three days and I lost a nem, then some of my sps went RTN :(

its been WC every other day or so...

you got luckier than me, I left for three days and I lost a nem, then some of my sps went RTN :(

its been WC every other day or so...

Ya, I did get lucky. But, I will be in Peru for 2 months over the summer and I have to figure out what I am going to do with my tank. I have everything just the way I want it and I really don't want to sell my setup. I am not sure If I can trust anyone to take care of the thing for 2 months.

I might take all of my valuable corals out and have a friend watch them for me. I just don't know what I will do about the fish and whatnot. Anyone wanna sublet my apartment for 2 months? :)

ha, yeah thats an idea, get someone from NR to sublet from ya. Sept. I'm going back to live on campus so all my fish except the six-line are out. wanna make it so that all that needs to be done is filling the ATO chamber.

Heh, once you get your tank up you will know the fear of coming home from vacation to a dead tank.

Ya, I did get lucky. But, I will be in Peru for 2 months over the summer and I have to figure out what I am going to do with my tank. I have everything just the way I want it and I really don't want to sell my setup. I am not sure If I can trust anyone to take care of the thing for 2 months.

I might take all of my valuable corals out and have a friend watch them for me. I just don't know what I will do about the fish and whatnot. Anyone wanna sublet my apartment for 2 months? :)

Haha ya I remember it from a few years ago when I had my dwarf seahorse set up, came home from a trip back to Monterey and they where all dead. Glad to hear everything is doing well though.

But sweet doing a foreign exchange program in Peru? But you could always send that Hog Fish and some of those sweet pieces my way :D

Haha ya I remember it from a few years ago when I had my dwarf seahorse set up, came home from a trip back to Monterey and they where all dead. Glad to hear everything is doing well though.

But sweet doing a foreign exchange program in Peru? But you could always send that Hog Fish and some of those sweet pieces my way :D

I am actually doing research down in Southern Peru. I am an archaeologist and will be down there doing some excavations and lab analysis. I have already done my study abroad in Tanzania about 2 years ago. I will keep you in mind if I end up getting rid of the setup. Everyone seems to like the candy hog, it is a pretty awesome fish I must say.

And V, it may seem glamorous but it is really boring lol. I sit in the dirt all day and look at burnt pieces of plant in the lab and at night I get a pack of Lucky Strikes and a bottle of Johnny Walker and do the same thing the next day. But hey, I guess I am living the dream.

Lets just hope I can figure the tank out. If not, I will be piecing this bad boy out and setting up a larger tank when I get back in August.

Found my Electric Blue Hermit's shell empty this morning and all the other shells and hermits in the tank are accounted for. Too bad, it was my favorite invert in the tank.

Off to the LFS to check out if they have anything that I must have, even though I don't need anything lol.

Currently acclimating a new Electric Blue Leg Hermit and a couple astreas to replace some dead ones. I also picked up a red florida ric. Pic of the ric later when it opens up more.

I really shouldn't be buying livestock if there is a chance I will have to break my tank down, have a friend hold some pieces and sell off the rest. But I wanted them so....

You know I'm an addict V, but arn't we all? :)

I hope this ric splits like crazy. I have always wanted one. If things go well with this one, I may get a blue/green one. I also found out my LFS LOWERED THEIR PRICES ON ACANS!!! I can get a 4-9 head frag of acans for 35 bucks! I am in trouble...

Anyways, I digress. Photos!

DSCN1031.jpg

FTS, it's coming along nicely eh?

DSCN1026.jpg

New Ric :wub:

DSCN1023.jpg

Best pic of the Goby I have ever gotten

DSCN1024.jpg

growth shot, I didn't get the Pearlberry in there but it really has never been doing well. Its polpys extend but it is not super colorful. Shrug?

DSCN1025.jpg

Money Cowrie out in during the day!

Hey, if need be - we can always cart the tank here while you're gone.

Great shots - and YES! coming along VERY nice!!!

Hey, if need be - we can always cart the tank here while you're gone.

Great shots - and YES! coming along VERY nice!!!

maybe... lol. That would be a lot of work for you though. We shall see though :)

Archived