Coral Vue Hydros

SoCal's 20H EssPeeEss Reef

Arkayology

Arkayology
can we get a pic with your lights too? i want to see how it looks on your tank. thanks.

The video shows the lights on the tank pretty well. Let me know if there is something specific you want to see.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice setup, love the video. just in case you dont know this..... you can take the speaker out of that ATO so it will run silent when it fills. nothing like hearing a high pitched squeal @ 3am to let you know your tank is thirsty

Arkayology
nice setup, love the video. just in case you dont know this..... you can take the speaker out of that ATO so it will run silent when it fills. nothing like hearing a high pitched squeal @ 3am to let you know your tank is thirsty

Thanks man.

I haven't heard it make any noise other then a slight click when it turns on the pump. What situations make the beeping? I love the ATO btw. I thought it would be really hard to set up, but it was pretty easy and it makes my life so much easier.

Thanks man.

I haven't heard it make any noise other then a slight click when it turns on the pump. What situations make the beeping? I love the ATO btw. I thought it would be really hard to set up, but it was pretty easy and it makes my life so much easier.

mine made a loud squeal every time it filled the tank.... the noise went until the pump was turned off. SO i opened that bad boy up and took the speaker out, now it is oh so silent.... and still works the same i might add. if yours is quiet then luck you .

kind of funny, JBJ actually has instructions on the website on how to remove the speaker. im guessing that they had so many complaints that they stopped putting a speaker in them, maybe why you havent heard anything

latteslave

great vid! man... I think I am the only one left without an ATO.

That calcium drain is killer!!!

Ur not the only one left without an ATO. I still add water to mine in the morning when i dose. I dont loose enough water to bother with more stuff to worry a bout.Tank looks good though So Cal

Arkayology
What are you dosing for Calcium?

Seachem Ca powder. There is an iphone app that calculates out how much you need to dose for all seachem products. Very easy.

Arkayology
Really nice frag man, what is it? how're you liking the ATO? need get one together myself.

It is some type of acropora I bought for 5 bucks at the LFS. It was red at the store with green polyps.

I made the mistake of FW dipping my new SPS frag to get rid of unwanted nasties. Now, doing this for a long time will kill SPS I have found. The frag is still colored, though definitely bleached a little with hardly any polyp extension. This is just a cautionary note for anyone who does not know this already.

Markushka

thats good to know, I don't dip my corals, but now definitely won't FW dip them. Its a really cool looking acro you have, and a really good price! my LFS won't carry sps :( Hope it pulls through for ya!

Seachem Ca powder. There is an iphone app that calculates out how much you need to dose for all seachem products. Very easy.

Now I guess I HAVE to buy an IPhone :P Sounds good though I think I am going to pick some up.

Arkayology

Planning on getting an overflow box to try and cut down on the micro bubbles that the AquaC is putting out.

For anyone that uses the overflow with the AquaC, does it help?

The local frag swap is coming up :happydance: I shouldn't be buying anything new until I get back from Peru, but there will be TONS of SPS there. I will be looking for a frag of Garf Bonsai and maybe more Florida rics. For all those attending Reef-A-Goleta, I look forward to seeing you there!

Yeah works great, there's a little sponge in the bottom that eats the bubbles. Just got wring the sponge out in your dirty water bucket when you WC, it collects all sorts of nasty ####.

Arkayology

It has been awhile since I posted some pics.

DSCN1085.jpg

Picked up a nice little blue acro with really long polyps yesterday

DSCN1088.jpg

DSCN1089.jpg

DSCN1087.jpg

Arkayology
That yellow fish, is that some kind of wrasse ?

It is a yellow candy hogfish but it acts a lot like a wrasse.

Arkayology
So what's the break down of your corals now? This tank is pretty much all sps at this point yeah?

Pretty much. I have a couple rics, a couple acans and some zoas but mostly I am focusing on SPS now.

@Oats- Ya, it is BIG. I have been selling pretty nice frags of it for 5 bucks to try and keep it tamed.

Speaking of which SPS, I won a frag of Sunset Montipora in our local reef club's frag raffle :happydance: Also traded for a frag of Radioactive Dragon Eye zoas. Here are some pics after 15min in my tank. Already opening up. That Sunset Monti will be sick when it colors up!

DSCN1091.jpg

DSCN1094.jpg

Archived