SaltCritters.com

SoCal's 20H EssPeeEss Reef

Arkayology

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arkayology

Thanks guys.

Question: Do you think that my tank is considered an SPS tank now?

3.5 weeks until I am out of the country. :happydance:

I'd say so.

lol you'll prolly keep on buying coral for this tank up until your on the plane! wish i could afford the same :closedeyes:

Arkayology
I'd say so.

lol you'll prolly keep on buying coral for this tank up until your on the plane! wish i could afford the same :closedeyes:

You have no idea how hard it is for me to limit what I buy. If I wasn't going down to Peru, I would have a few more SPS frags, a second clam, a fourth fish, a couple more kinds of florida rics, and maybe another acan frag.

I will be going on a spending spree when I get back in August :bling:

Also, my travel expenses are taken care of for me by my project director. I am doing some archaeological analysis for her and she pays my travel, room and board.

You have no idea how hard it is for me to limit what I buy. If I wasn't going down to Peru, I would have a few more SPS frags, a second clam, a fourth fish, a couple more kinds of florida rics, and maybe another acan frag.

I will be going on a spending spree when I get back in August :bling:

Also, my travel expenses are taken care of for me by my project director. I am doing some archaeological analysis for her and she pays my travel, room and board.

lol, lucky bastard, thats all I can really say.

Arkayology
?

If you look on the right side of the clam below the mantel you will see a whole bunch of pyramid snails.

Oh no! I've never seen a pic of them before. If they are smart they will jump out of your tank before you do them in. Are you able to remove the clam to scrub it down?

Arkayology
Oh no! I've never seen a pic of them before. If they are smart they will jump out of your tank before you do them in. Are you able to remove the clam to scrub it down?

The clam is attached to a medium sized rock because I was having problems having it attach to a piece of rubble or something. I could remove it with effort, but I am not sure what I will do yet.

latteslave

Sorry to hear about the snails and the clam... Hopefully you can get it all worked out.

How's the Sunset doing?

AFRobert568

That’s a bummer about the clam. Once you have pyramid snails do you have them for ever? On another note, what’s this Seachem app you speak of? Ever since you posted about it I have been trying to find it.

Arkayology
That’s a bummer about the clam. Once you have pyramid snails do you have them for ever? On another note, what’s this Seachem app you speak of? Ever since you posted about it I have been trying to find it.

Pyramid snails will keep coming back unless I remove the clam and scrub it down often. I don't have time for that since it is finals week now and the fact that it is attached to a large piece of rock. I have been doing manual removal so far and plan on getting a 6line when I get back from my research trip.

The app is called "dose" and is made specifically to calculate amount of seachem product needed to maintain proper levels. It works really well.

@ Latte - The Sunset Monti is really coloring up which makes me happy.

2 weeks until I leave. I got a friend with a 300 gal system to babysit my SPS and I have another friend to stop by and feed the fish 3x a week. With the lights on timers, the JBJ ATO, the AquaC Remora and an open window, the tank should be fine for 2 months without me as long as my friend feeds and makes sure the ATO bucket has water.

Arkayology

Went out to the LFS to get some RO/DI and came home with a couple Astrea snails and my 4th pep shrimp. This guy looks healthy, so I hope it doesn't die like the other 3. It seems to be doing ok in the tank. I know it is not my tank that is killing these shrimps, I think it is the LFS getting bad shipments of shrimp or something.

Everything is growing and looking great as usual. I can't wait to get home in August so I can get a new fish and clam!

You should set up a cheap webcam so you can watch your tank when you're in the field heheh.

Lol, that is an idea! You guys would have to help me watch it though as my internet access will be limited :)

Arkayology

Pep shrimp isn't dead yet! It looks like it acclimated fine and will live. I also noticed that I have a ton of stomatellas climbing around in my hob fuge. I love these little guys. I have a fairly large breeding population now it seems. I know you all are jealous :P

two eyes here!

Good to know!

Arkayology

I flushed the tiny green BTA that I got months ago today :( It was refusing to eat and was shrinking pretty bad. I couldn't let it starve itself and die while I am in the field. I am not sure why it didn't perk up. Maybe it was to far damaged to actually grow nicely? The bigger BTA is doing awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived